Job Summary:Performs diagnostic ultrasound examinations for subsequent evaluation and treatment by attending physician.Maternal Fetal Medicine experience preferred.
Certification in Diagnostic Sonography by ARDMS preferred, or graduation from an accredited Ultrasound program (registry eligible) with certification in Diagnostic Sonography by ARDMS within 1 year of hire.
2 years diagnostic or ultrasound experience preferred.
CPR certification. MFMF certification strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists physician in administering medicines as required.
2. Assists physician in such procedures as needle biopsies, amniocentesis, and renal biopsies. Scans patient, marks patient's body, determines angle for puncture, assists as necessary, and maintains sterile technique.
3. Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
4. Generates computer images or film through automatic processing and evaluates quality.
5. Maintains records of examination data and other pertinent information on patients.
6. Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
8. Performs ultrasound techniques and examinations, abdominal scans, retroperitoneal scans, obstetric and gynecology scans, and radiation therapy localization for treatment planning and minor surgical procedures.
9. Secures and returns supplies such as film, linens, medicine, and patient folders.
10. Selects and operates equipment as directed.
11. Selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis. About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.