COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:Let your skills and talents shine with Lockheed Martin's Missile Defense Agency (MDA) National Team as the SCR Technical Director in Huntsville, Alabama!
National Team-Engineering employees may have the opportunity to work on a variety of niche projects based on their backgrounds.
In this role, you will perform the following tasks with the focus on MDS Systems:
As part of the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) National Team - Engineering (NT-E) program System Concepts & Requirements (SC&R) Product Team (PT), the SC&R Tech Director (TD) will lead and assist in requirements based engineering development efforts utilizing simulation-based end-to-end functional, interface and performance analysis methods. The TD will provide technical leadership for a team of engineers, leading and performing regimented Missile Defense Operational Concept (OPSCON) development and Missile Defense Technical Baseline development assessments, new and evolving threat evaluations and conceptual system improvements while providing direction in the execution of performance analyses utilizing large-scale complex Modeling and Simulation (M&S) tools. Post analysis results review must lead to significant conclusions addressing gaps and performance drivers within the defined and/or planned system architecture. The selected individual will develop a defined set of roadmap products and goals, and while working closely with the NT-E Chief Engineer, coordinate same to align with all engineering activities and products across the program, to include Responsible Engineers (RE), senior program management, and government stakeholders to ensure that execution objectives are understood, agreed to and successfully executed. The TD assists the Director, Deputy and Chief Engineer to coordinate Program Management Review, Senior leadership and customer leadership meetings.
Must have a final Secret clearance (with investigation within 5.5 years or less) and able to obtain a TS Clearance to be considered for this position
- Individual must have a technical background in Systems Engineering and analysis including system performance analysis and numerical modeling / simulations, using high-level programming languages such as MATLAB, Python, Java, FORTRAN, or a similar language environment.
- Individual must have some analysis experience in multi-sensing phenomenology, Command and Control (C2) methods, and weapon System (WS) techniques.
- Individual must have a general understanding of the MDS (e.g., Aegis Weapons Systems, THAAD, Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Fire Control (FOM, GFC), C2BMC, BMDS sensors (EO/IR/RF), kill vehicles, interceptors, hypersonic, countermeasures, counter-countermeasures, or threats).
- Individual must have experience in any of the following domains: system concept trade studies, requirements analysis, feasibility analysis, system performance measures of effectiveness analysis, EO/IR sensors, RF/Radar sensors, missiles/interceptors, ICBM / hypersonic / MRM / SRM threats, detection/tracking, or Command and Control (e.g., C3I, C4I, etc.).
- Individual must possess good communication skills and demonstrated experience leading a team of talented engineers to perform highly technical work, and communicating significant results to senior management, executives, and government stakeholders.
- Active Top-Secret clearance
- General experience with MDS elements (e.g., GM, BC, AB, TH, SN and DV) and system level capabilities development is highly desired.
- System experience and versatility in several MDS domains (i.e. C2 Battle Management, sensor simulation development, directed sensor tasking, multi-phenomology processing, KVs) are desirable.
- User knowledge of systems engineering applications, specifically MBE is desired..
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.