It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing! We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. The Role
The Staff Compliance Solutions Engineer is senior compliance position responsible for leading the efforts of a cross-functional group of software and operations architects, engineers, and compliance analysts to ensure our systems and products meet the regulatory compliance requirements and security standards outlined in FedRAMP and GDPR. These efforts include evaluating our current products/applications and systems, performing gap analysis, proposing solutions, evaluating build-vs-buy options, and overseeing the activities leading up to each regulatory Compliance audit and annual assessment.
The Staff Compliance Solutions Engineer is responsible for interpreting the language in the regulatory Compliance and Security frameworks into technical action items that engineers can implement. This person will work with the teams to identify best practices for regulatory compliance and security requirements and help the teams incorporate that knowledge into their day-to-day architecture and engineering practices.
The Staff Compliance Solutions Engineer will work closely with Product Managers and Program Managers to ensure that we have a clear plan and achievable schedule to meet our product, regulatory compliance goals. This person has a deep technical knowledge of the product/application and the systems, technology supporting the environment, and will help 'bridge the gap' between the technical information provided by the cross-functional team and the information the Product and Program managers need to have clear visibility into the status of a project and it's targets. Your day-to-day
As a Staff Compliance Solutions Engineer you will be:
What you bring to the team Interests, Values
- Regular meetings with the cross-functional technical teams to discuss progress/blockers/plans
- Provide regular technical summaries for stakeholders of the work the cross-functional team is doing
- Create, proofread and edit documentation produced by the engineering and operations teams for audits and other Compliance and security assessments
- Contribute to the documentation and/or review of the FedRAMP supporting documents, including but not limited to, Security and Federal policies and procedures, System Security Plan (SSP) and its attachments, customer contracts, technical security/privacy whitepapers, etc..
- Consulting with teams on upcoming projects/initiatives to support ensure data security, privacy, regulatory compliance, and security standards are being incorporated.
Enjoys working with technical teams and can inspire teams on the importance of regulatory compliance and security standards. Comfortable navigating compliance regulations and security standards and working with teams on pragmatic and creative solutions to design challenges. Qualifications
- 2 to 5 years previous experience (2-5 years) with successful federal audits with AWS GovCloud and/or using on premise /datacenter systems - our services are located in both AWS networks and datacenters
- Experience in working with Federal agencies pre, during and post audit and experience in large scale SaaS solution in information security domain is preferred.
- Experience in FedRAMP IL5 and High Impact is a bonus.
- Certifications in information protection policies and governance (CIPP, FITSI, etc.) preferred.
- U.S. citizenship required.
Remote If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us! If you are a Colorado Resident: Proofpoint carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The hiring range for this position is typically:
125,,000.00 USD Actual offer will be based on the individual candidate. Bonus, commission, and/or equity may be eligible for this position. Additional benefits for this position can be found at . This statement is being provided in accordance with the Colorado Pay and Benefit Disclosure requirements of sb19-968.