Gigamon's Applied Threat Research team is seeking a Sr. Staff Full Stack Engineer to play a vital role in developing and maintaining systems to protect customers from security threats. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining systems to support internal research efforts and future product capabilities.
Our ideal candidate has experience building products across the stack and a firm understanding of web frameworks, API design, databases, cloud technologies, and multiple back-end languages. You should be capable of independently working on challenging software projects from design through implementation.
Do you love complex problems? Does working across a diverse set of technologies inspire you? If you love taking ownership of projects, have an interest in security, and love the idea of working in a small agile team within a large fast-growing dynamic organization, then this is the place for you!
We seek teammates that will grow with us. Our team members benefit from mentorship, cross-training opportunities, as well as budget and support to participate in training, conferences, and industry events.Responsibilities
Desired Skills And Experience
- Take complete, end-to-end ownership of projects.
- Design and develop scalable cloud-hosted applications in an agile development environment.
- Rapidly prototype and refine applications based on user experience feedback.
- Increase the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of back-end systems.
- Promote strict code testing and validation to ensure high-quality coding standards.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology trends, coding standards, libraries, and frameworks to constantly challenge and improve the technology stack.
- 8+ years experience in a mix of front-end and back-end software development roles, but with a concentration on back-end development.
- Extensive experience with Python and/or Go programming language
- Experience in developing progressive web apps using ReactJS
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of cloud and big data platforms, microservices architecture, web API design, and continuous delivery.
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to work independently on multiple projects with little guidance.
- Outstanding communicator with the ability to convey complex ideas in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
- Nice to have experience with serverless architecture, Terraform/CloudFormation, advanced SQL, data pipelines, machine learning technologies, and network security fundamentals.
The Gigamon Applied Threat Research (ATR) team's mission is to dismantle the ability of an adversary to impact our customers. Our team of expert security researchers, engineers, and analysts focus on the continuous research of threat actors and emerging attack techniques while building detection and investigation capabilities leveraging the Gigamon ThreatINSIGHT network telemetry and intelligence datasets. The team has the following core functions:Threat Intelligence
- Research threats to inform detection engineering effortsDetection Engineering
- Research, build, and maintain high-quality detection capabilities for Gigamon ThreatINSIGHTSecurity Engineering
- Research, prototype and validate future functionality for detection and investigation capabilities