***We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role***
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. DevOps Engineer. This engineer will support, architect, and enhance 3rd party client facing application. These applications will be written in kubernetes, Rancher platform. They need experience with scripting with PowerShell, Bash, etc. They also are looking for someone with experience with monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and ElK. This is heavy DevOps, CI/CD, and infrastructure position.
- Maintains DevOps environment, tools, scripts, configuration etc.
- Review and monitor DevOps activities, logs, and act accordingly.
- Advise 3rd party vendor on approach consistent with Company standards
- Support changes affecting DevOps infrastructure and application environments. Collaborate with members of the Application Development team to understand technology and standards at Company; align project approach with Company standards as appropriate.
- Release management and deployment, including participation in on-call rotation for after hours devops/ application support.
- Assist/support in troubleshooting production and non-production environment issues with configuration, code, or 3rd-party dependencies and integrations.
- Investigates operational or systematic problems and provides resolution using intermediate analytical skills and tools as necessary.
- Configuration management of existing and new server infrastructure, maintenance, updates, and migrations ensuring known state across environments.
- Maintain application security, design and documentation according to legal compliance requirements and Security governance directions.
- Manage environmental (infrastructure, code versions, and data) differences.
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or similar disciplines or equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in area of DevOps, scripting an asset.
- 10+ years of IT experience with a 3+ years of software development experience (preferred)
- 5+ years of DevOps and application support experience in a fast paced environment. (preferred)
- Thorough understanding of the various tools and technologies around devops, such as, version control, environment build tools, CI/CD automation tools -Azure DevOps (preferred)
- Sound knowledge of version control systems and configurations -Git, TFVC in Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of MS .Net, and .Net core. (required)
- Fairly decent hands on working knowledge around Linux and Windows based systems - (Microsoft IIS, Nginx preferred) (required)
- Knowledge and hands on scripting experience in languages, and ability to debug scripts and configurations. (Windows PowerShell, Bash, MSBuild preferred) (preferred)
- Knowledge and hands on with database query languages (TSQL, PostgreSQL preferred)
- Comfortable in working with cloud and on-prem environments - Azure, containers etc. (required)
- Dynatrace, ELK or other server and application performance monitoring (APM) tools (preferred)
- Understanding of secure coding best practices including OWASP top 10 and other potential application vulnerabilities, and securing infrastructure layer to mitigate attack vectors (including undesirable information disclosure at the server and make recommendations at the application level) (required)
- Syncfusion Coverity or other SAST/DAST/IAST tools and their configuration (preferred)
- Understanding of SSL certificates and management (required)
- Understanding of F5 load balancing/APM capabilities (required)
- Familiarity with identity management with ADFS, Azure AD, and SAML client configuration (required)
- Familiarity with DNS record management (required)
- Familiarity with network traffic diagnostics with packet capture tools such as Fiddler, WireShark (preferred)