Freedom Financial Network is anticipating exponential growth as it embarks on a digital transformation. Do you want to come be a part of it and help us forge a new future for Freedom Financial and our customers? The Data Engineering team is at the forefront of helping drive the digital transformation by building services and insights. Data drives decisions! We're looking for enthusiastic and impassioned individuals to help solve complex problems, influence decision-making with innovative ideas, and evolve alongside our expanding business and technology footprint. Is that you? If so, keep reading!
As a Sr. Data Engineer with Freedom Financial Network in its Tempe, AZ, San Mateo, CA offices or remotely, you will contribute directly to the success of the business and have a meaningful impact on our customers lives. We are looking for seasoned engineers to bring new and innovative ideas and tackle challenges across the full-stack. We're proudly offering fully remote work options for this role which can be based in CA, AZ THE ROLE:
- Lead product requirements and advanced analytics requirements gathering efforts, interfacing with Data Engineering, Data Scientists, Analytics, and stakeholder teams
- Work with analytics, data science, and wider engineering teams to help with automating data analysis and visualization needs, advise on transformation processes to populate data models, and explore ways to design and develop data infrastructure
- Use technology to solve business problems and drive positive outcomes
- Build a scalable technology platform to support a growing business.
- Deliver high-quality code to production, consistently.
- Integration with various third-party systems.
- Play a key role in building out a large scale distributed and event based Data Platform that serves as an underpinning for all of Freedoms businesses and products.
- 8+ years experience working in large scale, real-time distributed systems with solid coding, problem-solving, and design skills
- Experience working in highly collaborative teams
- Ability to demonstrate a team-first attitude towards software development
- Hands-on Experience with Python and SQL
- Nice to have: Java/Scala
- Experience building large scale data pipelines, building data models, normalizing and standardizing data for the use of various consumers and analytics users
- Experience working with various data stores: SQL, NoSQL, and/or key-value store
- Mature engineering practices (CI/CD, testing, secure coding, etc)
- Experience with, or willingness to learn:
- Event-driven architecture and messaging frameworks (Pub/Sub, Kafka, and/or RabbitMQ)
- Cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, and/or Azure)
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field, or relevant experience in software development
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace a healthy, constructive debate.
- Fast, continued growth theres a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted the Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks dont: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1million customers, resolved more than $15billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, were passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.