LocationBenefits & Perks
- Job Title: Software Tester (7320-17)
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Electrical Engineering or equivalent level of work experience
- Experience: 2+ years of experience in wireless industry preferably in Mobile QA or Mobile testing
- Job Type: Regular Full-Time, Hourly
Role and Responsibilities
- Medical Insurance (Health, Dental & Vision)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- H1B/Green Card Sponsorship for qualified employee
- Hands-on experience at global industry leader Samsung
- Opportunities for career advancement
Skills and QualificationsLooking for a detail-oriented, that has technical background in telecommunication that can maximize multitasking skills to the next level.
- Coordinate with R&D to implement new standards and specification related changes and/or carrier specific requirements
- Use technical engineering knowledge and experience to understand customer applications, test cases, and requirements. Interworking capability with teams in different time zones.
- Works independently & determines approach to work, and is monitored/supervised based more on milestone basis, and at key deliverable junctures
- Identify the required documentation and process for the project. Assist in creation of design requirements. Assist in analyzing test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications. Collaborate with other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software products. Analyze test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications
- Diagnose Protocol and System level issues from the carriers, screen through and debug issues reported from carrier, and oversee IOT and field test by doing in-depth log analysis"
Individual(s) will make/coordinate project's schedule and create test plan as well as report to HQ or internal team of the risk points before milestones.
Working independently, translation of complex functional & technical requirement is required, maintaining upcoming technical knowledge is a must, and must be able to diagnose protocol/system issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Electrical Engineering or equivalent level of work experience
- 2+ years of experience in wireless industry preferably in Mobile QA or Mobile testing
- Familiar and Hands-on experience of wireless standards/protocols preferably GSM/CDMA/WCDMA/LTE/5G and Radio interface and/or exposure to RF network engineering
- Good knowledge in LTE features including VoLTE/ViLTE/VoWiFi/RCS messages/OTA Activation
- Good knowledge of wireless technologies such as GSM and CDMA is required, and also familiar with 5G technologies a plus including but not limited to mmWave/Sub6 and Beamforming.
- Experience in utilizing UE log post processing tools (QXDM, QCAT, QPST, QMICM, NNEXT, SHANNON DM, N-Trace, Mobile Analyzer, Artemis, Debug Mux, Spy Tracer, Odin, XCAL, Mobile Datum, PC Datum, Wire shark) with good understanding in OTA signaling messages.
- Able to test in driving condition, and able to travel at any given moment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, communication(verbal and written) skills, and organizational and documentation skills
- Core competencies in Java and/or C#, also Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python to Write Test automation code using Eclipse, Android Studio, Visual Studio.
- Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenge, some language barriers, and project management deadlines
- Must have a driver license and a good driving record
Our team of highly experienced developers offer a wide range of mobile application and software development positions. We also have opportunities in business operations and administrations, logistics, UX/UI design, and many more with our client, Samsung!
If you are looking to start or advance your career in the IT industry, we are here for you!
Our vision is 'We Want to See You Grow' to become the industry leader for both employee and company.
For more information about JND, please visit