COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:If you have a burning passion to meet challenges head-on, then read the following, and if you meet the requirements, apply directly today!
At Lockheed Martin, we believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. We value your unique skills and expertise, and we aim to give back continuously by offering a wide variety of benefits and amenities to help our employees live flexible, balanced, and fulfilling lives at, and outside of, work.
Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems has an opportunity for a talented Mid-Level Software Engineer to support the Ballistic Missile Defense International Simulation (BMD I-Sim) product line of the DE Task Order on the Specialized Warfighter Development Contract (SWDC) program at Schriever SFB in Colorado Springs, CO.
Position Responsibilities performed under general supervision to complete milestones associated with specific projects:
- Design, develop, test, document and integrate simulation products for the Ballistic Missile Defense International Simulation (BMD I- Sim) organization using C# on Windows operating systems
- Assisting in the development of simulation and software architectures
- Designing and developing software to model various BMDS elements capabilities
- Leading development of an agile software feature team within the context of a larger team
- Interfacing with BMD I-Sim customers and presenting technical briefings to BMD I- Sim stakeholders
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Medical (some LM locations have on-site medical)
• 401(k) with generous matching
• Paid time off including, (we have a 9x80 schedule)
• Generous Tuition Reimbursement
Learn more about our competitive and comprehensive benefits package:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Must currently have a DoD Secret Security Clearance to be considered for this position
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent STEM field
- 2+ years' professional experience in all phases of software development, including analysis, design, code, test and integration
- 2+ years' experience with UML or similar modeling language, and tools such as Enterprise Architect or Rational RoseUML
- Experience in engineering M&S systems using an optimistic and/or conservative discrete event simulation platform
- Experience in agile software development methodologies like Scrum
- Experience with JIRA and GIT
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment and possess strong written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge/experience in one or more of the following:
missile defense domain knowledge, command and control, and modeling and simulation development
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.