Research & Development Req ID:
Siemens EDA is part of Siemens Digital Industries Software, a Siemens Group company and world leader in the global digitalization of companies. Siemens EDA, a world leader of Electronic Design Automation (EDA), develops and markets software products and hardware solutions (emulators) covering the entire design & verification flow.
Siemens EDA counts among its customers the majority of the world's Top 50 in the fields of Semiconductors, Computing, Consumer, Automotive, Telecommunications and the Defense and Space sector.
At the Siemens EDA Fremont site, we develop disruptive semiconductor chip design CAD software, including the Analog FastSPICE (AFS), the worlds fastest nanometer accurate circuit verification platform. AFS is used by over 150 semiconductor companies worldwide for their toughest circuit verification challenges while designing high-speed I/Os, PLLs, ADCs/DACs, CMOS image sensors, RFICs, and embedded memory.
This position will be part of the AFS R&D team, focused on EDA software tools development. As a key member of a highly proficient, productive, and motivated R&D team, developing industrys leading circuit simulator, using cutting edge software development techniques, you will be offered:
- Technical challenges to solve toughest nanometer scale circuit verification problems for the leading semiconductor companies in the world.
- A motivating, stimulating, and rewarding work environment
- Excellent training and growth opportunities throughout your career
- Attractive compensation and benefits
As a member of AFS R&D team you will participate in the design and implementation of efficient algorithms using state of the art software engineering processes and development tools, with a strong emphasis on software quality; thus, adding to your industry level experience in solving tough computational complexity problems while participating in entire software development lifecycle. We are looking for a self-motivated and inspiring team player with outstanding problem-solving skills to maintain and grow the technical dominance of the AFS product. Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technologysupplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an ExecutiveOrder requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who dobusiness with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unlessgranted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious beliefor practice. TheCompany has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the timebeing while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring thesituation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be incompliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted you will be expectedto be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Develop new and compatibility features for the circuit simulator.
- Participate in the specification, architecture, design, and development of features
- Implement and maintain circuit netlist and other input data format parsers.
- Maintain compatibility with prevalent circuit netlist languages/formats.
- Design and implement scripting languages-based interfaces to the verification platform.
- Implement waveform generators supporting industry standards and proprietary formats.
- Implement databases and post processing tools for output waveforms and measured data.
- Implement APIs needed to integrate Analog FastSPICE with other internal & external tools
- Work with circuit simulator experts to improve circuit simulation performance and capacity
- Be a force for improving development processes and product quality.
- Work effectively with other globally distributed R&D teams and the Product Validation team
Education and Experience:
- 3 to 5 years of strong software development experience, preferably developing EDA tools.
- Outstanding programming skills in C and C++, preferably on Linux platform.
- Proficiency in memory optimization, high-performance data structures and algorithms.
- Advanced multithreading programming experience.
- Solid background in object-oriented design and software engineering processes.
- Self-motivated individual with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated to work in globally distributed engineering environment
- M.S or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or relevant area
- Working knowledge of analog electrical circuits
- EDA industry level work experience
Digital Industries Company:
Siemens Industry Software Inc. Experience Level:
Experienced Professional Job Type:
Full-time Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here () . Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here () . California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here () .