We are looking to hire a Senior Scientist with experience in Structural Biology, and skills in Protein Biochemistry and Biophysics, to join us in our mission to discover and develop drugs that improve human health through the use of breakthrough experimental and computational methods. As a member of our structural biology team, you ll play a vital role in the generation of experimental data for a wide variety of drug discovery targets. Our team is a cross-functional group of biochemical, biophysical, and computational scientists working together to support internal and external drug discovery projects. In addition, we assist in the ongoing development of our proprietary physics-based drug design and optimization platform.
Who will love this job:
- A problem solver ready to work on molecular structures through the application of X-ray crystallography and/or cryo-EM methods
- A scientist with a passion for working with proteins and protein complexes for use in structure-based drug discovery
- A Structural Biologist with deep knowledge of Protein Biochemistry and Biophysics
- A collaborator who likes to work on a variety of targets and challenges
What you will do:
- Work in a team environment by contributing your skills and drawing assistance from others to accelerate the process of overcoming the challenges of structure determination
- Contribute to the construct design and expression of proteins in multiple host species (E. coli, insect, mammalian)
- Protein purification for structural biology applications (X-ray crystallography and cryo-EM)
- Protein characterization using biophysical methods (ITC, SPR, TSA, etc.)
- Protein crystallization and grids preparation for X-ray crystallography and cryo-EM
- Solve and refine protein structures in complex with ligands
- Work in a state-of-the-art structural biology group and have an impact on modern drug discovery
What you should have:
- PhD in Protein Sciences (Protein Biochemistry, Biophysics, or Structural Biology)
- 2+ years of postdoctoral experience
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of protein biochemistry and biophysics
- Track record of successful structure determinations, exemplified by publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Knowledge of Protein Biochemistry and Biophysics methods and protocols relevant for structural biology applications in either X-ray crystallography or cryo-EM techniques
- Small molecule manipulation and complex formation experience
- Measurement of small-molecule binding affinities by SPR or ITC methods
- Industry experience focused in drug discovery
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it s people that make a company great. Because of this, we re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.