PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It's this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
PlayQ is looking for a motivated, highly technical Senior QA Tester to contribute to the development of world-class mobile games targeting a mass market.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with other development staff, including producers, designers, artists and engineers to ensure a constant and consistently high bar of quality and performance while ensuring all deadlines are met.
The ideal candidate has extensive mobile gaming experience in quality assurance roles, is deadline-oriented, thrives in a fast paced environment, and has excellent analytical and communication skills. The ability to understand all phases of mobile game development, and to efficiently monitor, diagnose, and prioritize testing duties is critical to success in this role.
Core responsibilities include creating product test plans, assisting with writing and refining test cases for new features and systems, performing thorough software testing including regression, verification and deployment testing, identifying and documenting defects and reproduction steps, and adeptly utilizing bug tracking software. As a member of the broader development team, perform competitive surveys and analyses, monitor play feedback, and assist with level testing and tuning as needed.
This is a non-exempt hourly full-time position.
- Work with Product and Development teams to identify test requirements and plan testing for features and builds, including releases of our live games, web portal, and backend services.
- Attend daily meetings with cross-functional teams as a representative of the QA team.
- Record test results, generate written reports that detail the findings/bugs and diagnose issues discovered during the testing phase.
- Create clear and detailed bug reports and co-manage bug databases.
- Participate in the development of the QA pipeline, test plans, and checklists to verify the functionality and performance of new features and apps.
- Help to drive continuous process improvements for the QA department and the company.
- Assist with implementing Quality Assurance standards and best practices to improve the efficiency of the department.
- Work in a fast paced environment that requires frequent shift in areas of focus.
- 3+ years hands-on experience in mobile game quality assurance, 2+ years in mobile live ops environment.
- Experience testing iOS, Android, web based applications and Server and API code.
- B.S. or B.A. degree from an accredited college/university
- Thorough understanding of the complete mobile / online game test cycle.
- Deep understanding of full game development cycle and software engineering process.
- Proven ability to create test cases, checklists and test plans.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Exceptional people and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and solve new problems with minimal supervision
- Proactive, positive, driven mentality that thrives in a collaborative team environment.
- Possesses both consumer and production engineering mindset when testing, with natural ability in pinpointing where players will likely to encounter edge-case issues, and why those issues occur.
- Experience using JIRA
- Experience with automated testing, scripting languages, or C#
- Experience with build distribution and submissions
- Experience with the Unity game engine
- Experience with Agile Development
- Experience with Excel
- Hybrid Workplace: PlayQ's workplace includes a combination of both hybrid and remote roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location with our Recruitment team. Our flexible approach to the workplace experience, internal comms, and tech stack promote collaboration, communication, and camaraderie!
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Accrued time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new creative office space equipped with tons of natural light, communal areas for collaboration and free parking
- Walking distance to restaurants, coffee shops, and the metro
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!