The Senior Proposal Strategist is responsible for leading development of the proposal plan; the Request For Proposal (RFP) release and the process including end game, and checkmate for assigned business development proposals to win work for the company. This position will lead proposal efforts in collaboration with business development and project management leadership to develop distinctive value propositions that enhance our clients' competitive positions.
- Lead the development and presentation of the proposal plan; draft storyboards, and a proposal/win strategy.
- Lead proposal team assignments and initial proposal management plan.
- Present at pink team review meeting and adjust proposal material in response to review and request.
- Recommend proposal solutions during the review of the go/no-go decision and the official proposal kickoff meeting.
- Lead and present proposal graphics and visuals.
- Review and manage post-submittal activities.
- Lead the interview practice sessions in the Checkmate phase.
- Lead proposal services per the Checkmate phase to close out.
- Support the development of metrics including change orders, safety, budget, schedule, diversity goals, and community involvement activities.
- Manage the closing of the project deliverables.
- Complete the submittal for industry awards (ACEC; ENR) local trade or national trade publications.
- Attend professional associations, conferences, and build professional network and trade shows.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business administration, or related field. Applicable years of experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Minimum 9 years in marketing, business development, or sales with a professional services firm. Experience at an A/E firm preferred.
- APMP certification, or equivalent, preferred.
- Experience with the Shipley best practice model preferred.
- Superior technical writing abilities.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign is strongly preferred.
Business Development/Sales Primary Location
US-MO-Kansas City Other Locations
US-VA-Richmond, US-DC-Washington, US-NC-Raleigh, US-FL-Orlando, US-MD-Baltimore, US-GA-Atlanta, US-CA-San Francisco, US-AZ-Phoenix, US-CA-Brea, US-CA-San Diego, US-VA-Norfolk, US-MN-Minneapolis/St Paul, US-IL-Chicago, US-PA-Conshohocken Schedule:
Yes, 10 % of the Time About 1898 & Co.
1898 & Co. is a business, technology and security solutions consultancy where experience and foresight come together to unlock lasting advancements. We innovate today to fuel our clients future growth, catalyzing insights that drive smarter decisions, improve performance and maximize value. As part of Burns & McDonnell, we draw on more than 120 years of deep and broad experience in complex industries as we envision and enable the future for our clients. Burns & McDonnell is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Req ID: