Senior Development Engineer required to join a high impact team in Raynham, US with us at Corin, a growing global orthopedic medical device company.
Are you a Design Engineer or Development Engineer, with experience of researching, planning, and designing mechanical and electromechanical products and systems? Do you have experience of directing and coordinating activities involved in development, manufacture, operation and repair of mechanical or electromechanical products? Join Corin to work within a small dynamic team that has a high impact on the quality of life for patients worldwide. We are not a start-up business; we have market-leading products which are being further developed for the global orthopedic market.
Corin are a medical device company embarking upon significant market and feature expansion of our innovative surgical platform for joint replacement surgery. Offering a unique combination of clinically-proven hip & knee solutions and world leading technologies, our OPS and OMNIBotics system utilizes intelligent robotic instrumentation and image-based analysis to give surgeons the ability to plan and perform patient-specific procedures with high accuracy, more consistent results, and improved patient recovery rates.
The main responsibilities for the Senior Development Engineer will be to:
- Prepare or direct preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics
- Plan and develop experimental test programs to test prototypes and final product
- Finalize design, product testing, and product specifications and transfer appropriate responsibility to Process / Manufacturing Engineer
- Research and analyze data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Complete Risk Analyses, DFMEA, concept generation, 3D modeling, drawing creation, tolerance analysis, etc.
- Analyze test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications
- Confer with research and other engineering personnel and prepare design modifications as required
- Evaluate engineering test results for possible application to development of systems or other uses
- Evaluate and recommend design modifications to improve implants and instruments
- Interact with Marketing, Sales and customers to determine market needs. Generate ideas, and translate into timelines, budgets and costs for products development.
- Participate in Supplier Qualification activities, sourcing and selection with the Regulatory and Quality Systems department in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Schedule and coordinate project design reviews
- Generate prototypes to show customers and generate feedback
The ideal Senior Development Engineer will have:
- Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering degree (or comparable)
- 4-6 years related experience in FDA GMP and ISO regulated environments.
- CAD and computer skills are required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. This applies to both technical issues, as well as higher level open ended matters
- Demonstrated strength in effectively communicating technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge across company departments and to customers
- History of working under strict time constraints and meeting deadlines
- Proven ability to work independently and under own initiative and also collaborate with team members (including cross functional teams) to meet goals efficiently
- To follow specific and detailed instructions including SOPs and work instructions
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to prioritize tasks and determine important criteria when solving problems
- Experience in using SolidWorks design software
- Working knowledge of quality systems for medical devices including but not limited to: 21 CFR 820 and ISO 13485, ASQ Certification a plus
- Demonstrated ability to use communication methods and strategies that influence desired results
- To travel 20% of the role for meetings and trainings
Corin is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, color, genetic information, religion, sex, or national origin