TitleSenior Data Engineer - Self ServiceOverview of Position
We are hiring a Senior Data Engineer to lead design of our Semantic Data Layer and Self-Service Interfaces. We are building our next generation of Self Service and BI/Analytics platforms and need a great data engineer/architect to join our team. It helps to have a mixture of other engineering skills since we run a lean team and all development is on AWS. You must be a seasoned data modeler understanding the complexities and nuances of Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), Operational Data Stores, OLAP, OLTP, and Data Lake philosophies. You must be familiar with tooling like ER/Win or ER/Studio to develop conceptual, logical, and physical data models. Our immediate focus is building a rich semantic layer on top of our varied data assets to increase efficiency in data discovery and consumption. Do you have experience or keen interest in Data Virtualization or Semantic Meta-Layer development using tools like Looker, Dremio, or AtScale or building up Data Domains and Topics in SQL abstractions?
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- This individual contributor provides highest level of expertise for data technologies, architecture, development, specification and communication of firm's scalable data architecture with focus primarily on Data & Analytics solutions.
- Advises cross-functional teams in the implementation of a phased approach graduating from near-term quick wins to full self-service over time.
- Synergies and dependencies with core technology trends and priorities (e.g. Cloud migration, Information Security and Infrastructure), as well as clearly articulates synergies and dependencies across the business units in solidifying target IT application rationalization strategy.
- Design and architect BI solutions to help data democratization and work closely with Data analytics, governance teams to implement solutions.
- Design cloud strategy development to integrate data and analytical capabilities
- Analyze multiple sources of structured, unstructured data to propose and design data architecture solutions for scalability, high availability, fault tolerance and elasticity
- As industry moves towards more real time analytics, design solution with working with different teams and articulate business data needs.
- Self-starter and ability to define and hold the big picture while executing on a piece of it and reduce technical debt while enhancing Data Transformation.
- Partner in the research, recommendation, design and architecture of Business Intelligent solutions and help accelerate enterprise adoption.
- Define and architect BI solutions, make sure they adhere to enterprise data standard and using data access/governance policies.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Demonstrates opportunities by developing prototypes and/or contributing code, evaluating technologies, and mentoring project team members.
- Works with leads to provides in-depth technical consultation to business partners and IT management to ensure development of efficient application systems utilizing established standards, procedures and methodologies.
- Senior level knowledge of the system development life cycle, and system and application program development technological alternatives and architecture methodologies for multi-platform environments.
- Rules-based architecture, object oriented component analysis and development and proficiency in web-based systems architecture, s
- Experience working in solutions over any major Cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus
- Graph, Data classification and clustering algorithms in distributed environment is a plus
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience developing/following roadmaps outlining the evolution from current to future state.
How much should I expect to travel?
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at and the supplemental information at
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcares Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information () .
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicant will reveive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status.