You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today! Summary
The Senior Data Analyst role is to deliver a final business solution to the operations team through a Power Bi experience. The Data Analyst's technical skills will be put to the test as they shape data into a crispy design through a smooth user experience. The Data Analyst is expected to be a domain expert of supply chains and their use cases. This position will work on cutting edge data technology as a key user on Ryder's Azure Data Lake driving the analytics initiatives as an expert in this field. Design critical analytical dashboards, reports and queries to drive strategic business decisions, ad-hoc analysis and identify descriptive and prescriptive solutions for internal Ryder teams and external customers. Dig deep into the core issues of business problems in order to drive a solution that gets at the heart of the causative problem. On this team, the Data Analyst will get the chance to be the expert of supply chain solutions, collaborating with Data Analysts and Scientists, using all the skills in order to exploit data to drive the business forward. This will push the envelope of what is possible within the big data space; streaming live data into a data lake and experimenting with data in the data sandbox. These roles will be a little different from our typical Senior Data Analyst positions in that they will involve more travel and be focused on supporting new DM sites with analytics during startup.
- The ideal candidate is a highly creative problem solver who is also able to recognize where creative solutions end and strategic approach starts
- Typical analyst skillsets (critical thinking, PBI and SQL)
- Existing knowledge or ability to quickly learn warehousing concepts; this person will be surrounded by process experts and will need enough knowledge to effectively communicate
- Fairly high travel (30%-40%) and would be spending time on site at startup through stabilization
- Strong collaboration skills they will work hand-in-hand with the OpsBox team as well as CI and Ops
- Communication skills handle face-to-face conversations in groups
- Develop Dashboards by understanding business needs, interpret the integrated data and translate this into usable visualizations to drive business decisions, interpreting results and how to utilize the dashboards.
- Engage the business, evaluating their needs and ad-hoc requests to prioritize product efforts creating new innovative solutions.
- Enhance data maturity and integration to standardize the core value add functionality enabling a multiplier effect.
- Experience working within a collaborative team. Helping more junior members to achieve success.
- Challenge the status quo and help guide entrepreneurial innovation in both analytical products and the curation of new data sources elevating analytics beyond data reporting and dashboarding to the delivery actionable insights.
- Knowledge of the Ryder Business, understanding the complexity of the supply chain world and the role that data has within this ecosystem.
Skills and Abilities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience developing BI solutions with tools like: Power BI Tableau
- Exposure using tools like: ETL tools (Alteryx or SSIS) Data manipulation tools (SQL) Object oriented development stacks (.net) (preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Support product innovation, working closely with technology throughout the build, test, and release of the product using agile methodologies
- Expertise on python data transformation and analytics commands is required.
- Bachelor's degree required in Supply Chain, Data Analytics or equivalent
- Master's degree preferred in Supply Chain, Data Analytics, MBA or equivalent
- Two (2) years or more Applied Project(s) experience in demonstrating, digital transformation, data management in an educational/project. required
- Two (2) years or more experience in creating dashboards for diagnostic analysis across the business. Experience working in a cloud environment. required
- Four (4) years or more working in an individual contributor role as a key member of the team that others rely on. preferred
30-40% DOT Regulated:
No Job Category:
Data Science & Analytics