Sarasota, FL (East Coast)
Akron Biotech is continuing to transform and further its rapidly growing capabilities and is now seeking highly motivated professionals to join our expanding team. This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical role within our organization that is driving advanced therapy development and commercialization with high quality industrial scale solutions. We manufacture and distribute components and raw materials for cell therapy discovery, development, and commercialization to meet industry needs worldwide. We offer an array of highly competitive benefits and perks to our valued associates. Responsibilities:
- Manage procurement activities and coordinate support on a range of procurement services
- Provide support on all manner of procurement inquiries/needs providing general advice and guidance, referring complex inquiries to the relevant Department for guidance on procuring products/services
- Work collaboratively with the Operations and Quality Assurance Departments on a diverse range of procurement projects, services and related activities such as Supplier qualifications and surveillance, SOPs and policies
- Develop and maintain a Supplier listing by product category commonly purchased. Negotiate pricing with Suppliers when possible
- Responsible for product procurement process including preparing Purchase Orders, order tracking and management, price dispute resolutions, posting supplier invoices in the system and processing suppliers payments as requested.
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with vendors/suppliers
- Research and evaluate supply chain opportunities for cost reductions, MOQ s, reduction of lead times, alternate suppliers
- Generate Purchase Requests (all departments)
- Facilitate and coordinate training with Vendors (new products, on-site support, webinars, lunch & learn sessions
- Corroborate with SRL on Incoming Material (address and troubleshoot constraints and discrepancies)
- Address/manage non-conforming products and returns
- Support Manufacturing & Development Manager with Production Schedule (to include Aliquot and Relabeling)
- Manage and execute SAP Business One MRP per Sales Orders and Production Orders
- Respond to inventory alarms and systems notifications
- Establish minimum inventory quantities
- Create Bill of Materials and Production Orders
- Exercising initiative and sound judgement in what needs to be brought to the immediate attention of Management pertaining to procurement - what may be actioned, or referred to other for action
- Exercises sound judgment in addressing and proactively managing procurement/inventory/customer or supplier concerns with minimal direction and supervision
- Demonstrates highly effective interpersonal skills to handle various interactions with staff, suppliers and customers
- Undertake relevant duties as assigned.
- BS in Business or related field.
- 5+ years' experience in a supply chain analyst or buyer capacity
- Energetic, team player with strong organizational skills and a fundamental knowledge of administrative and operational concepts, practices and procedures
- Ability to manage multiple assignments effectively while responding promptly to changing priorities
- Ability to meet important deadlines
- Attention to detail and excellent writing skills
- Strong computer skills are required -- knowledge of advanced software functions such as, MS Word, Excel and Power Point and ability to work well with Internet Explorer and Outlook
- High degree of organization and quality.
- Experience working with SAP Business One preferred
- General understanding of Biotech industry preferred