The Scrum Master is a servant leader and coach for a Pod (Agile Product Team). The ideal candidate will need to bring leadership skills, vision, communication skills, passion and understanding of medical device software development. (S)He helps educate the Pod in Scrum and, where relevant, Agile at scale practices, ensuring that the agreed Agile process is being followed. (S)He also helps remove impediments and foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement.Responsibilities:
Job Specific Skills and Competencies
- Evangelize the organization on the value of Agile, ensure that Agile principles are being implemented, coach individual team members to ensure each are following SCRUM roles, and provide regular visibility into the backlog, progress being made, and where the team are going.
- Facilitate Product release plan creation and its execution with cross-functional team consisting of engineering, quality, risk manager, medical, regulatory, human factors, and legal.
- Drives the delivery of Class I and II software medical device products and corresponding design control documentation.
- Support internal and external quality audits for the ongoing and launched products.
- Facilitates agile ceremonies throughout each sprint (daily standup, sprint planning, sprint demos, retrospectives, and backlog refinements).
- Helps the agile teams to work in an autonomous way and continuous improvement spirit, to identify and formalize obstacles and fix them.
- Helps the Product Owner in his/her efforts to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope.
- Communicates with management and outside stakeholders; helps protect the team from uncontrolled expansion of work.
- Organizes training sessions to promote and master agility practices,
- Facilitates all conversations and sessions with the larger group around Epic and/or Initiative discovery, priorities, requirements, dependencies, inter-team cooperation.
- Helps the team embrace agile at scale process led by the Master Scrum Master and implement practices.
- Leverages agile tracker tools (like Jira).
Transversal Skills and Competencies
- Project Management
- Compliance of computerized systems(Intermediate)
- IT strategy & Governance
- Lead & Agile Practices
- User Experience
- Software Medical Device Development (Design Controls, ISO 13485, IEC 62304, 21 Code of Federal Regulations Part 820.30)
- Compliance of quality Management Systems
- Business Partnership
- Interpersonal Communication
- Transverse Collaboration
- Strategic Thinking
- Decision Making
- Change Management
- Additional soft skills: Servant leadership mindset, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience with Agile / Scrum and Project Management
- Certified Scrum Master
- Experience in Agile software development for Software Medical Devices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and analytical thinking style, able to comprehend complex problems and good problems solving skills
- 5+ years of experience in Software Medical Devices development that follows ISO 13485, IEC 62304 / 21 CFR Part 820.30
- Proven record of accomplishment of being a strong team player
As a healthcare company and a vaccine manufacturer, Sanofi has an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. All US based roles require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of your job responsibilities.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.