Estes Forwarding Worldwide (EFW) is a leading domestic and international freight forwarder in the United States, providing customized logistics and warehousing solutions for clients around the world and across all industries via air, ground, and ocean freight. A subsidiary of Estes Express lines with corporate located in Richmond, Virginia, EFW is uniquely backed by Estes Express Lines extensive line haul network providing EFW clients with a hybrid transportation network. The company has received industry awards, including Specialty Carrier of the Year and E-Commerce Delivery Carrier of the Year, and has been recognized by Global Trade Americas as a leading 3PL to watch.
The Representative, Customer TLS, reports directly to the Customer Operations Manager, TLS or Station Manager, TLS. a Customer Representative, TLS, you will work as part of a team to manage Truckload Services business within EFW Truckload, a division of Estes Forwarding Worldwide. You will be responsible for all aspects of operation with the EFW Truckload Services division which will focus primarily on customer service and shipment management. You will ensure proper execution of standard operating procedures, key performance indicators, and other account metrics on a daily basis.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Implement strategies to maintain and/or expand profitability and promote EFW transportation services, specifically for EFW Truckload Brokerage.
- Expedite the resolution of customer concerns and exceptions to ensure customer and account satisfaction.
- Interface with both internal and external customers to understand the customer's overall objectives and requirements.
- Responsible for developing, managing, and fostering relationships with customers and accounts to ensure retention and create organic growth.
- Share details with customers on additional offerings to provide value added service. Collaborate with the appropriate Enterprise parties to ensure the customers transportations needs are taken care of.
- Responsible for a book of Truckload Brokerage business in an effort to support operational and financial objectives of the regional operating center.
- Provide information to support claims mediation between carrier, customer, and EFW Claims Department.
- Through a network of internal and external transportation suppliers, determine the most efficient, cost effective service provider for the requested EFW Truckload Brokerage service.
- Evaluate multiple options regarding transportation services.
- Promote world-class customer care.
- Meet and exceed predetermined account goals and objectives.
- Maintain good communication and positive relationships with employees to promote employee morale and retention.
- Support and promote company core values.
- On-call schedule required as requested.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Comply with company C-TPAT and TSA security procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and 3-5 years of experience in transportation, logistics, or other transportation business or activity with a clear understanding of multiple modes and services within the transportation/logistics industry. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based, and job specific software applications.
- Must have a strong work ethic and good problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to interact well with others.
- Must desire to show leadership and team-building abilities.
- Must have good communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting.Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities.
- Ability to read and interpret general business documents.
- Ability to write routine reports and general business correspondence.
- Ability to work with peers and communicate basic concepts.
- Ability to solve practical problems through standardized solutions that require limited judgment.
- Ability to follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve routine problems.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- At this time, EFW will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- EFW offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
- EFW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Shift: May include weekend hours, 2nd (Day)
External Company URL:
Street: 510 Heron Drive