Description Koch Ag & Energy Solutions, LLC.
(KAES) is seeking a remote or Wichita, Kansas based Software Application Developer/Reliability Engineer
for our Mid and Back Office tower, supporting the Finance, Accounting, Credit and Market Risk capabilities. KAES and its subsidiaries market and distribute more than 13 million tons of fertilizer products annually worldwide. From an IT perspective, this creates a wealth of opportunities to develop and apply your skills and to explore a variety of career paths. This role will collaborate cross-functionally with the Mid and Back Office tower, the architecture team, and other teams across KAES to deliver transformational business outcomes.
The ideal candidate is experienced in object-oriented programming best practices and either has the experience of working with the AWS suite or the interest in learning the AWS suite. In this role you will be working on deploying and maintaining NodeJS lambdas using the Serverless Framework to consume and move data between systems via the AWS EventBridge and storing in DynamoDB when necessary. You will also work with the team to design, develop and maintain solutions for the accounting/finance team.
This role will also be responsible of making sure our custom applications and solutions are reliable, supportable, and up to date in technologies. This will include re-writing old technology applications in new frameworks, creating tools and support services for our applications, and handling production/breaking issues. This individual will also be responsible for identify risk areas and tech debt that needs to be addressed within our solutions as well as keeping up to date on the KAES IT capability and best practices to ensure our tower solutions are in line with those as well as industry standards. What You Will Do In Your Role
The Experience You Will Bring
- Utilize the Serverless Framework and AWS suite to develop high volume NodeJS microservice lambda functions behind API gateways
- Create and maintain AWS EventBridge consumer Lambdas moving data between systems
- Support on-going projects as well as develop and maintain customized applications within the functional tower
- Build and maintain support tools (command line, react web apps, monitoring scripts/services) to ensure solutions are reliable and maintainable.
- Serve as a technical resource to assist Back Office and Mid Office team with troubleshooting/debugging and resolving issues within solutions and applications.
- Identify and address technical debt and aging solutions across the teams
- Collaborate with developers across towers, global/offshore developers, and participate in steering teams for developer tools and initiatives
- Analyze, identify risks, and provide technical direction for current and future applications and services supported by the tower
- Create and facilitate a pipeline for support handoff to support teams. The pipeline will include adding telemetry, tracing, monitoring, and documentation on support procedures for the tower's solutions.
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least 3 years of software/application development experience and object-oriented programming experience
- Bachelor's degree in either MIS, CIS, CS or similar degree
- At least 5 years of software development experience
- Experience with Node.JS, Typescript, React, or Angular
- Experience with Amazon Web Services products and tools, such as Lambda, SNS, SQS, API Gateway, EventBridge, DynamoDB, Redshift and S3
- Experience implementing and designing microservices and event driven architecture
- Experience analyzing and addressing solutions for technical debt and security gaps
- Experience building and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Agile and DevOps methodologies, processes, and tools
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Experience implementing technology in support of Finance, Accounting, Credit and/or Market Risk capabilities
This role is not eligible for employment based sponsorship.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $80,000 - $130,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: