Job Profile Position Overview
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company's success. As a Relationship Strategist, Sr within PNC's Private Bank organization, you will be based in San Diego, CA. Job Description
- Leads or supports client management activities with clients and prospective clients. Responsible for the development and execution of a relationship management plan to acquire and retain clients. Is accountable for ongoing exceptional client experience. Has a book of business that typically consists of the largest and/or most complex and sophisticated client relationships. May assist the directors in developing team members.
- Coordinates with team to determine action plan through thorough discovery of client needs to deliver an exceptional client experience. Consistently reviews needs assessment with clients to determine changes. Has working knowledge of all business segment capabilities and offerings. Ensures a strong client commitment and advocacy by delivering proactive and responsive service to meet client goals. Holds team accountable for deliverables.
- Held accountable for the growth of their book of business through client expansion and new client acquisition. Develops and executes strategies for proactively sourcing new relationships for the bank. Owns communication and contact with existing clients to ensure expansion opportunities are captured. Consistently seeks ways to expand his/her external network for business development.
- Manages risk through appropriate client selection and ensures that our service delivery is consistent with the fees being charged. Works with risk partners to escalate client concerns to bring about quick resolution. Has well developed knowledge of partner offerings to make business-appropriate introductions. Is accountable to partners for follow up and client communication after initial introduction.
- Maintains timely, accurate and complete sales/client relationship management administration tasks as determined by the business. Ensures the execution of team processes, such as pre-call planning, post-call debriefs and relationship reviews. May train, coach and/or mentor other team members. May participate in special projects to strengthen the overall business.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Customer Experience Management. - Implements the strategies and techniques used to ensure that customers have a positive experience with the organization and its products and services at every touch point.Customer Service Management - Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools and techniques for maintaining an environment where all understand, and are committed to, providing excellent service to internal and external customers.Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications - Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Influencing - Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.Managing Multiple Priorities - Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.Products and Services - Knowledge of major products and services and product and service groups; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Selling. - Applies knowledge of banking products and services to meet customer needs and enable them to achieve their financial goals. Identifies prospecting approaches to identify potential customers and create opportunities to sell financial solutions and ideas to customers.Understanding Customer Needs - Knowledge of and the ability to recognize and be sensitive to the different perspectives and priorities of different customers.Value Selling - Knowledge of the principles and practices for selling products, technology and services; ability to provide overall product/service 'value' and differentiating support offerings that address clearly understood customer needs. Work Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered. Education
Bachelors Additional Job Description Benefits
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit > New to PNC () . Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at .
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law. California Residents
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice () to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.