Description Job Schedule:
Per Diem Standard Hours:
1 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network as an Emergency Department Registered Nurse (RN).
The Backus Hospital Emergency Department is a 42 bed unit which is responsible for treating a wide variety of patients in a fast-paced, ever evolving environment. As a Level III Trauma Center and Primary Stroke Center, the unit includes some of the latest technologies, including EPIC EMR, Teleneurology, wireless medication scanning, among others. We also have a separate behavioral health area to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. Our unit has a uniquely collaborative and supportive culture, where we promote professional growth for our team of high-achieving, energetic, and adaptable medical professionals.
Our Registered Nurses (RNs) work in collaborative environments with strong interdisciplinary teams, focused on a patient centered care model in a richly diverse work space. Under the direction and general supervision of the Nurse Manager, the Registered Nurse (RN) utilizes evidence based practices in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act, policies and procedures of the hospital and as directed by the medical staff. The Registered Nurse (RN) who through knowledge and ability uses the nursing process to develop a plan of care which includes standards of practice to meet the physical, emotional spiritual, cultural and educational needs of the patient and family.
- Graduate of a school of nursing; BSN preferred.
- Minimum one year recent Emergency Department RN experience required.
- BLS required. Ability to obtain and maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) certifications within 90 days of hire.
- Ability to obtain and maintain administration of moderate sedation within 9 months of hire.
- Current unrestricted License in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut required prior to start date.
- Certified Emergency Nurse, Certified Pediatric Emergency Nurse or Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.