About MedStar Health
Operating Room Registered Nurse
What's in it for me?
- Generous benefit plans which start the 1 st of the month following start date
- Free parking for associates at all 4 Baltimore hospitals
- System-wide RN referral bonus program - up to $6000 per RN
- Relocation assistance up to $3500 if you live 50 miles away from your location
- Career growth opportunities galore as we are part of a 10-bed hospital system with 300 outpatient locations
- It's how we treat people: organization is truly committed to employee and nurse wellness as well as diversity and inclusion.
- High Reliability Organization (HRO) culture:
About the Surgical Pavilion:
- 82,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art Surgical Pavilion just opened in 2020
- 14 spacious surgical suites, packed with the latest industry tools and technologies to optimize patient care, safety, and quality
- 1 hybrid operating room, featuring advanced imaging technology that allows an interventional cardiologist, radiologist, and vascular surgeon to collaborate and multi-task, all at one time, during a surgical case. Important to note - we are the only hospital in the State of Maryland, and among only a few in the U.S., to house this type of specialty surgical suite
- Dedicated space for transplant and perfusion cases (to be introduced in the future)
- State-of-the-art sterilization tools and processes
- Robust video systems, integrated in the operative suites to facilitate virtual training opportunities for the hospital's surgical residency program
- View the pavilion here:https://youtu.be/W8kRuO_blw8
- A 600-foot concourse, connecting the Surgical Pavilion to the existing patient tower to streamline transport as patients are moved to the intensive care unit (ICU), their inpatient rooms, and other areas of the hospital, as needed
- Education/Training:Valid RN license in the State of Maryland.
- Experience:1year RN experience.
- License/Certification/Registration:CPR certification.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:Demonstrated ability to precept. Demonstrated high level of clinical competence. Effective interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication. Basic math skills. Basic computer skill preferred.
- OR RN experience, ACLS and PALS certifications strongly preferred
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.