About MedStar Health
This RN position is for the Cardiovascular ICU Unit (Per Diem).
- 8 beds with NPs, PAs, Intensivists and Surgeon on floor. Nurse/Physician team collaboration and a true interdisciplinary model of care, in which we round 3 times per day for successful patient outcomes.
- Patient to nurse ratio 1:1 (2:1 max) based on post op status, such as ventilator, multiple gtts and bleeding. Charge out of numbers.
- Three 12-hour straight shifts (either day/night shift 11a-11p or night shift positions) with on-call requirements as needed.2 Saturday and 2 Sunday shifts in a 6 week schedule.
- Traditional Open heart, Catheter based valve replacement, high end vascular surgeries, and thoracic patients.
- Fact paced, critical thinking and skills oriented. Need experience in rhythm recognition
What's in it for me?
- Generous benefit plans that start the 1 st of the month following start date
- Free parking for associates at all 4 Baltimore hospitals
- System-wide RN referral bonus program - up to $6000 per RN
- Relocation assistance up to $3500 if you live 50 miles away from your location
- Career growth opportunities galore as we are part of a 10-bed hospital system with 300 outpatient locations
- It's how we treat people: organization is truly committed to employee and nurse wellness as well as diversity and inclusion.
- High Reliability Organization (HRO) culture:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:Demonstrated ability to precept. Demonstrated high level of clinical competence. Effective interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication. Basic math skills. Basic computer skill preferred.
- Education/Training:Valid RN license in the State of Maryland
- Experience:1year RN experience. Inpatient psychiatric or psych crisis intervention RN experience strongly preferred
- License/Certification/Registration:CPR certification
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.