The purpose of this position is to ensure printed and kit-packed material comply with production and quality requirements set by our customers. The Quality Assurance Inspector evaluates materials and products to determine if there are any deviations or defects. They work to ensure the requirements and specifications are met and that the assembly or production lines comply with customer requirements.
- Inspection of product parts (kits) from all production lines
- Perform inspection of kit parts individually. Compare parts to the Kit sheet to ensure the correct parts are being utilized, and all parts are accounted for.
- Measurement of part dimensions and examine for functionality when necessary
- Communicate results of inspections. Make corrections and adjustments to ensure operations reflect the Kit Sheet
- Perform thorough documentation of deficiencies and errors on the Kit sheet.
- Continuous monitoring of production line operations to ensure compliance and conformance.
- File and maintain sample kits for future reference.
- Knowledge of the Print and Packaging Industries
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Tools
- Proficient in ERP system, once trained
- Able to analyze and interpret information and data
- Proficiency in basic math with ability to read a ruler
- Excellent written and verbal communication (Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Regularly required to utilize ability to visually inspect, including close range, distance, differentiation of color, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Position requires standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to work under pressure with ever changing deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to lift and/or move 50 lbs. occasionally.
Local travel between facilities may be required.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of inspection and or production experience
As assigned per Manager