Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit .
Guidehouse is seeking a highly motivated, passionate, and organized Project Manager with 3+ years experience in project management to support work within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) by managing a team of consultants and providing expertise with emergency management principles and/or disaster human services.
- Lead and manage a team to include task management, oversee milestones and individual performance, and completion of deliverables. Host project meetings when applicable with Federal staff and team.
- Capable of planning, coordinating, and directing the activities of administrative, program, and technical personnel such as identify gaps and solutions in project deliverables and project activities, and reviewing, coordinating, and developing tasks for project group
- Expertise with emergency management principles, best practices, and operations
- Experience providing training and technical assistance, preferably regarding emergency management or human services via in person and virtual methods (webinars, etc.), coaching, consultation, capacity building exercises and training and testing of plans. Experience in preparing and/or facilitating large-scale trainings and synthesizing data into high-level outputs.
- Knowledge and experience HHS, ACF, policies, and standards.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into tangible documents and/or deliverables.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple simultaneous projects in addition to time-sensitive ad-hoc requests.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, developers, architects and subject matter experts.
- Proven thorough abilities and success working in a fast-paced environment with expectations to own and create a workstream, serving as a client advisor to help provide clarity and direction in ambiguous situations.
- Bachelors Degree
- 3+ of Project Management Experience
- Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) experience
- Administration for Children and Families (ACF) experience
- Knowledge of and expertise with emergency management principles and/or disaster human services
- Experience in training and technical assistance programs
- Experience providing training and technical assistance regarding emergency management or human services, coaching, consultation, capacity building exercises and training and testing of plans
- Certified master trainer and/or master exercise planners for plan testing and training
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
We will only consider candidates located in the Eastern and Central time zones.
Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated at time of hire.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program