Apply for this job now
Pre-Clinical Manager/Senior Manager, Statistics
- San Francisco, California
- Job Type
- 14 Jul 2022
Apply for this job now
Why Work for Us
Are you ready to use your experience and expertise to make an impact on patients' lives? Astellas Gene Therapies is a biotechnology company developing new genetic medicines for rare, life-threatening diseases. We are working urgently to progress our medicines and need additional team members to help us do so. Because our mission is so important, our values are to: Be BOLD: Find a Way, Care Deeply, and Get Stuff Done. If you'd like to be a part of this important mission, please apply to join our team.
About Astellas Gene Therapies
Astellas Gene Therapies is developing genetic medicines for patients with rare, life-threatening diseases. Based on our innovative approach to developing genetic medicines, as well as our industry-leading internal manufacturing capability and expertise, we have become the Astellas Center of Excellence for the newly created Genetic Regulation Focus Area. We are currently exploring three gene therapy modalities: gene replacement, exon skipping gene therapy, and vectorized RNA knockdown, with plans to expand our focus and geographic reach under Astellas. We are based in San Francisco, with manufacturing and laboratory facilities in South San Francisco and Sanford, North Carolina.
* Be BOLD (Find a Way)
* Care Deeply -- for our patients, each other and our work
* #GSD (Get Stuff Done)
What is the catalyst for you in your professional career? Are you ready to be a part of a bold, innovative company, to make a change and to make a difference? Listed below is a current opening for a smart, driven, experienced, and just plain nice individual who wants to join us and be a part of our journey.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Pharmacology and Toxicology, the Senior Statistician will provide statistical support to Astellas Gene Therapy programs at all stages of development. The successful candidate will directly impact the discovery and development of AAV-based gene therapies by helping design experiments, analyze data and communicate complex results and their interpretation. The Senior Statistician will also support technical operations projects by providing statistical expertise for process sciences, manufacturing, and quality control. The successful candidate will partner with other scientists, clinicians, and external experts to advance transformational treatments for patients with severe genetic diseases.
* The Senior Statistician will contribute to experimental design and data analysis in support of vitro and in vivo pre-clinical studies.
* Perform power analyses, significance testing, equivalence testing, multivariate statistics, confidence interval analysis, parametric and non-parametric testing, etc.
* Serve as statistics SME for technical operations projects.
* Influence colleagues from all disciplines on the importance of statistical design and methodology.
* Write the statistical sections of study protocols.
* Present statistical analysis to project and senior management teams.
* Maintain a current understanding of statistical methods, as well as the scientific literature related to the specific indications being supported.
* Present results at scientific conferences and draft manuscripts for publication at peer-reviewed journals.
* PhD in statistics with 2-7+ years of pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience.
* Experience in the broad application of one or more higher level programming languages such as Python, SAS, R, Minitab, or JMP.
* Experienced in statistical modeling.
* Excellent critical thinking and scientific skills, and a demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret, and clearly communicate complex results.
* Understanding of biology and pharmacology principles used in drug discovery and development.
* Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively on cross-functional teams.
* Excellent oral, written presentation and communication skills.
* Excited to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
* Models our Core Values: Be Bold: Find a Way, Care Deeply, Get Stuff Done -- is experienced as someone who exemplifies the culture we want to create; operates with transparency; is trusted
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Job Reference: 657950801-2
- Date Posted: 14 July 2022
- Recruiter: Astellas
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Administration
- Job Type: Permanent