Zurich is currently looking for a Sr. Risk Engineering Consultant to join the Global Energy - Power Generation team. This is a work from home role ideally within Eastern U.S. Will consider other locations within the U.S. The role includes a company car with expected travel up to 50% to service accounts across the U.S.
Our Sr. Power Generation Risk Engineering Consultant is responsible for:
- Providing industry expert all risk power generation risk assessment services for customers and business partners focusing on property, machinery and business interruption exposures
- Providing advanced consultative services to customers, including identifying exposures with significant loss potential, investigation of cause/effect of major losses and management programs
- Providing advanced level power generation training for customers, service design and coordination, mentoring, marketing, and loss investigations
- Manage account risk portfolio and provide account level engineering to meet underwriting requirements.
- Marketing Zurich products in conjunction with underwriting professionals and agents across company business segments.
- Developing and implementing customer service strategies that reduce loss and improve customer operations.
Final candidates will also be subject to a Motor Vehicle record background check, because this position includes a company car.
- Bachelors Degree and 6 or more years of experience in the Power Generation Risk Engineering area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in the Power Generation Risk Engineering area
- Zurich Certified Apprentice, including an Associates degree and 6 or more years of experience in the Power Generation Risk Engineering
- Experience working in a team environment
- Insurance industry risk engineering/loss control experience within power generation to include machinery breakdown and fire protection
- Related energy industry experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or other related engineering field
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Advanced knowledge of exposures controls
- Advanced knowledge within industry segment
- National Board Inspection Certification
Applicable Only to Jobs to be Performed Remotely in any US state or in New York City, NY
The salary range for this role remotely in any US State is $100,700-$125,900. The salary range for this role in New York City is $125,900-$157,400. This is the range Zurich NA in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of the posting. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed remotely in any US state or New York City, NY. Base pay offered may vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business needs. This range may be modified in the future. This job is also bonus eligible. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols ( ), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or a negative COVID test result when applicable, to a third-party vendor. These protocols are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers' expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - New York Virtual Office, AM - Remote Work (US), AM - Philadelphia, AM - Massachusetts Virt. Office, AM - New Jersey Virtual Office, AM - Connecticut Virtual Office, AM - Jersey City
Remote Working: Yes
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-AW1