If you're looking to start your banking career as a valued member of a successful team, in a place that offers quality as a trademark and has a family-like culture that values loyalty, then keep reading (all the way to the end)!
Texas Republic Bank, a well-established and fast-growing community bank, voted "Best Places to Work" and "Top 100 Community Banks in the U.S." for three consecutive years is seeking a part-time Teller that can build positive and collaborative relationships while delivering "Banking like it oughta be!"
As a Teller with Texas Republic Bank, you will be responsible for:
Typical hours for this position will be Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 1:00 pm OR 12:00 pm - 5:00pm with a 30 minute meal break. Additional hours may be required.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amount, and examine checks for endorsements.
- Cash checks and pay out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Enter customers' transactions into teller system to record transactions and issue computer generated receipts.
- Place hold on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Order daily supply of cash and count incoming cash; responsible for anticipating cash needs to keep cash drawer limits at an adequate level to eliminate customer delays.
- Balance currency, coin and checks in cash drawer at end of shift and compare with data in teller system.
- Explain, promote or sell products or services such as cashier's checks.
- Under dual control, work deposits from night depository.
- Accept loan payments.
- Work lock box deposits.
- Work incoming mail under dual control.
- Work within a team to assist customers with wire transfers and online banking.
- Assist with daily record keeping by scanning account records and correspondence into bank's imaging system.
- Work with other lobby staff, to greet all who come into the bank or call the bank, with a friendly, welcoming attitude. Make sure everyone coming in or calling experiences "Banking like it oughta be!"
- Be available to help staff in other branches with daily duties; this may include occasionally working in other bank branches if the need arises.
- Notarize documents for existing customers and walk-in requests.
- Perform all other duties as required and assigned.
All candidates must complete both a behavioral and a cognitive assessment. Please note, once you've completed the behavioral assessment, you will receive an emailed link to complete the cognitive portion. For both assessments, please make sure you are able to focus, without interruption. The cognitive is a timed assessment and will require about 15 minutes to complete. No direct phone calls or emails.
Only applicants that complete the assessments will be considered. Successful candidates are subject to pre-employment background screening and reference checks.
Texas Republic Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Member FDIC