BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure's vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we've only scratched the surface of our ambitions .Pure Is Blazing Trails And Setting Records
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure's leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure Storage has Support centers in Mountain View, CA, Lehi, UT, Singapore, and Dublin, Ireland. We are looking for a Designated Services Engineer (Premium Customer Support) to join our 24x7 Support team. You will be part of the best support team in the industry. Our culture focuses on 5 key values - Persistence, Creativity, Teamwork, Ownership, and Customer First. You will work on problems of diverse scope where analysis will include hardware, software, and environmental factors. Our Support Engineers utilize their deep technical expertise to troubleshoot customer issues and resolve them. Successful Support Engineers will be able to build strong networks across different departments in the company.Expectations
- Customer Experience (CX) advisor to Pure Engineering and all relevant technology vendors to drive resolutions to issues spanning across multiple vendors and the entire technology stack.
- Develop relationships of trust with specific named accounts
- Assists Management with complex technical decision making, and helps customers understand decision points effectively to enable well informed decisions
- Provide guidance, support and oversight to the Technical Support team on complex issues
- Subject matter expert in Oracle Database and Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Identify opportunities for tools development and deployment for Product and solution serviceability
- Eco-system technical authority, proficient in Pure solutions, competing and complementary technologies up and across the stack
- Customer champion providing technical guidance with a solution focused mindset.
- Lead customer and partner conference calls to provide guidance, troubleshooting and create meaningful actions to drive to problem resolution
- Create and improve solution best practices, reference architectures, educational sessions and storage architecture initiatives.
- Effectively communicate/present to all levels within Pure and Customer organizations
- Develops junior support engineers through mentoring, training, and coaching using experience, education, and exposure resources
- Manage multiple projects/Technical Service cases simultaneously
- Proactively seek to understand customer expectations
- Weekend, holiday, and on call duties as required
- Updates Knowledge articles and is able to share Knowledge and Experience with the rest of the team effectively in both written and verbal presentations, KB articles, and Whitepapers
- Must be willing to travel 30% and work outside of normal business hours
BE YOU-CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
- 15+ years IT experience
- Experience in enterprise architecture principles, processes and tools
- Experience either hardware / software vendor or enterprise architecture disciplines
- 5+ years experience in Oracle Database and Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Broad and deep technical expertise in technologies such as: Operating Systems (Linux, AIX, Solaris, Windows), Hypervisors, SAN, data backup/recovery, databases and networking
- 10+ years close collaboration with engineering teams
- Strong data analysis and visualization skills
- Ability to identify and influence Product improvement and enhancement opportunities and drive them with the appropriate product teams
- Ability to operate as an effective tactician as well as strategic thinker and team leader to communicate the business value of technology decisions
- Outstanding & creative problem solving skills across a broad range of technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to present and communicate to a broad audience ranging from C- suite e.g. CTO/CIO and senior management to sys admins and engineers
- Experience authoring and delivering Root Cause Analysis and Incident reports
- Must be currently located within the United States of America
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@
.APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice
.DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.PURE'S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure's policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date.
Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure's exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.