We are seeking a .Net developer (VB & C#) to help design, develop and maintain .Net Applications for Modern Woodmen. This individual will participate in concept design through delivery and post launch support.Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Work Experience needed:
- Develop, debug applications using various coding languages in the .Net IDE.
- Expected to be able to work independently on tasks, but will take direction from Senior Developers, Project Managers and Management.
- Collaborate with other developers in a team atmosphere to deliver a complete project from start to finish.
- Participate in entire app life cycle - concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to production and support.
- Ability to function as a full stack developer, touching both front and back end architecture.
- Monitor errors and logs in order to investigate, respond and fix issues as they arise.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in .Net technologies.
- Troubleshoot and enhance code written by other team members.
Additional information about this opportunity:
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Provide technical writing and documentation support.
- Be able to learn and support third party software.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and practice good time management skills, both individually and as part of a team.
- Familiar with Server Query Language (SQL) as well as stored procedures.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns.
- Strong code analysis skills.
- Strong scoping, estimation, and testing/QA skills.
- Understanding and ability to work in an agile environment.
- Familiar with Low Code development platforms and concepts a plus.
- Annual salary range for this position will be $54,000 to $87,000 based on experience.
- This is a hybrid position (3 days in office/2 days work from home (WFH) per week), located at Modern Woodmen s home office in Rock Island, IL. Must be able to work in the office 5 days per week for initial job training. Some WFH days during training would be allowed on a case-by-case basis.
- This is a full-time position: 37.5 hours per week (7.5 hours per day), Monday-Friday, with flexible start time between 7:00AM-9:00AM.
- Currently, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States.
- Full-time benefits include:
- Company-paid retirement plan
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Dental, Prescription drug Insurance. We pay 100% of employee health insurance premium and 50% of employee dependents premiums.
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Long-term and short-term disability.
- Paid vacation, sick and personal time.
- 9 Paid holidays
- Voluntary benefits: Vision, Flexible Savings Accounts, Accident Insurance
Modern Woodmen is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to maintain a culture of respect and are committed to diversity and inclusion for all employees.