About the role
Sana Biotechnology is growing, and we are hiring new team members who believe in the potential of engineered cells as medicines, who want to challenge status quo, and who lead with the desire to work on novel ideas. The Molecular Biologist, CNS will be responsible for sample collection, processing and analysis of manufactured human glial cells for genomics-based assays within Sana's Cambridge CNS lab. Your role will include diverse bench and analytic work required for single-cell transcriptomic and single-cell epigenetic data generation. You will report on a direct basis to the Senior Scientist, CNS Glial Characterization, and work under the broader direction of the Director of CNS Cell Biology and the Head of CNS Therapy.
What you'll do
- Wet-lab processing of samples for single cell transcriptomic and epigenetic assays and downstream analysis across a variety of platforms
- Assuring the quality, integrity, and documentation of all data collection including compliance with all relevant lab safety and biosafety regulations
- Demonstrate Sana's core values and the attributes that support these core values (Lead from every seat, Thrive as a team, Make it happen)
What we're looking for
- M.S. in neuroscience, cell biology, chemistry or molecular biology, with 4 years of lab experience; or PhD in neuroscience, cell biology, chemistry or molecular biology.
- Significant experience in handling samples for bulk and/or single-cell genomics.
- Experience in preparing libraries for Illumina-based sequencing
- Excellent interpersonal, communicative and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Office, and with standard programs for statistical analysis (e.g., GraphPad Prism) and image analysis and quantification (ie ImageJ).
What will separate you from the crowd
- Background in neuroscience/neurobiology
- Experience in cell dissociation and sorting from rodent brain tissue
- Bioinformatic analysis experience of sequenced libraries.
What you should know
- Working safely in person on a predictable and regular in-person basis is necessary for this position. Sana requires that all individuals working in-person be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including receipt of a vaccine booster shot if recommended by the CDC
How we work together
- Lead from every seat - we seek to understand, act with honesty, and engage in the crucial conversations
- Thrive as a team - we hire amazing people, are intensely curious, and cultivate inclusion and personal connectivity
- Make it happen - we value vigorous debate, alignment around our decisions, and resilient execution
Get to know us
At Sana, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as a company and helps us to achieve our mission to meaningfully change the outcome of many human diseases. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Sana is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact patients.
Core to our values, we believe there is nothing more important than the health and wellness of you and your family. For benefit eligible employees, we cover 100% of the cost for employee health coverage and offer generous time-off, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, employer paid basic life insurance, additional voluntary life insurance protection, financial wellness programs including financial planning resources, a 401(k) Plan with an immediately vested employer match, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, commuter subsidy and a variety of wellness offerings to support each person individually.
We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental or sensory disability (including the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability), genetic information, actual or perceived HIV or Hepatitis C infection, medical condition (cancer or a record or history of cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), disability, veteran status, political ideology, social class (including caste/caste identity), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions described above.