Zurich's Middle Markets Risk Engineering team is seeking a Senior Risk Engineering Loss Control Consultant with multi line Risk Engineering experience to support the Middle Market Underwriting Business Unit. This role reports to the Midwest Regional Risk Engineering Manager.
This is a work from home role ideally positioned in the IN, MN or Ohio area. This role includes a company car with 35% expected overnight travel.
Engineering Loss Control Consultants:
- Perform field engineering risk assessments and risk improvement services for prospect and bound accounts. This most often requires travel where necessary but primarily within the region. Some work may be accomplished virtually.
- Provide engineering support to underwriting teams and attend client/broker meetings as needed.
- Manage account risk portfolio and provide account level engineering to meet underwriting requirements.
- Provide advanced property and casualty consultative services to customers, identify exposures with significant loss potential, investigate cause/effect of major losses and review/assess property/casualty management program effectiveness.
- Develop and implement customer service strategies that reduce losses and improve customer operations.
- Monitor property and casualty services to ensure delivery is proper, on-time, and cost effective.
- Assist in marketing Zurich resilience solutions, and risk transfer insurance products in conjunction with underwriting professionals and agents across company business segments.
Final candidates will be subject to a Motor Vehicle Record background check as this position includes a company car.
- Bachelor's Degree and 6 or more years of experience within the Risk Engineering area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience within the Risk Engineering area
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience working in a team environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Fire Science, Health and Safety, or related degree
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM) designation
- Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS)
- HPR Property experience
- Industry experience in manufacturing, life science, or technology sectors.
- Account oversight experience as a Loss Control/Risk Engineering consultant with middle market or large customers property and casualty lines of business and programs. (Auto, General and products Liability, Worker's Compensation, Property, SIR, Guaranteed Cost, Large Deductibles).
- Capable of managing and coordinating safety services for middle market and large customers with multiple locations.
- Knowledgeable in safety management programs that control workplace hazards, educate employees, and promote safety awareness/accountability
- Able to conduct safety training with large and small groups at all business levels
- Strong communication and results-oriented consultative skills
- Outstanding collaboration skills
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols ( ), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or a negative COVID test result when applicable, to a third-party vendor. These protocols are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers' expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Indiana Virtual Office, AM - Minnesota Virtual Office, AM - Ohio Virtual Office
Remote Working: No
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-KF1