Are you someone who has a knack for details and a passion for helping others? If so, we would love to speak with you!
QTC is seeking qualified candidates for Medical Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist opportunities on our Veteran Affairs Operations team. You will serve as the face of the organization through direct interactions with military service members, delivering exceptional customer service at all touch points.
Who is QTC Management Inc.?
QTC is the nation's largest provider of disability and occupational health examination services. We are PASSIONATE about our country's veterans, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. To provide high-quality, timely, and customer-focused medical examination service solutions, we honor our core values of integrity, innovation, agility, collaboration, inclusion and commitment. We celebrate diverse thinking and welcome contributions from all.
What part would you play in this role?
As a Medical QA Specialist, you will work closely with medical providers and the Veterans Administration to ensure the documentation process is complete and accurate. In this role, you will review documentation sent over from medical providers and ensure the report is complete, accurate and the veteran has received consultation for all of the medical issues listed.
In this rewarding role, you will also:
- Review exam reports sent over from medical providers
- Ensure all medical coding is complete and accurate
- Ensure all tests have been ordered and completed
- Coordinate with medical providers as needed for clarification of reports
- Work with our in house appointment schedules to request additional appointments for the veteran as necessary
You must have:
- High School diploma, or equivalent (GED) or 2 years of experience in lieu
- Minimum of 1 yr. job related experience
- Knowledge of anatomy and medical terminology
- Ability to read medical reports
- Must be able to successfully pass National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation
Preferred to have:
- Experience within medical coding and documentation
- Knowledge of military medical examinations
- Vocational training in the medical field, i.e. LVN, CNA, Military Corpsman/Medic, EMT, MA, etc.
- Wed- Sun: 8:00am - 4:30pm PDT
- Positions located: Remote- CA
Pay and Benefits:
Starting pay: $ 24.15 per hour
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. As a result, we offer meaningful and engaging careers to support you and your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Commitment to Diversity
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.
QTC Management Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The company recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, people with disabilities protected under law, and protected veteran status.
- Experience with case management software, electronic medical records and medical databases
- Direct healthcare experience in medical case management or quality assurance to include the review of complex multi-focal medical reports for quality, clarity, thoroughness and insightful medical explanation
- Less than 1 year(s): Healthcare, medical, or insurance related industry experience
- GED or better
- High School Diploma or better
- Technical/other training or better in HM Navy Medic
- Technical/other training or better in Army Practical Nursing
- Technical/other training or better in Vocational Nursing
- Technical/other training or better in Combat Medic
- Technical/other training or better in Medical Assistant
- Foreign Medical Graduate or better
- Corpsman or better
- Verbal Communication
- Team Player
- Medical Documentation
- Human Anatomy/Physiology
- Computer Literacy
- Written Communication
- MS Office
- Medical Terminology
- Multi-line phone
- Executing Multiple Tasks
- Customer Service
- Review Medical Reports/Evaluations
- Sense of Urgency
- Electronic Medical Records
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)