SYSCO IS IMMEDIATELY HIRING
Material Handling Technicians in Lihue, HI
Start at $17/Hour
Industry-Leading Total Rewards Package
IMMEDIATELY HIRING - Material Handling Technician I - Start at $17/Hour
- Start at $17/hour
- Hiring immediately
- Industry-leading total rewards package
- On-the-job training with career growth opportunities
- Overtime opportunities
This is an Operations position responsible for assisting Material Handling Equipment (MHE) technician II & III with maintenance activities associated with material handling equipment, and maintenance of industrial batteries.
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies, procedures, and governing requirements
- Learn/gain knowledge of controls and electric (AC - Alternative Current & DC - Direct Current) low voltage.
- Learn/complete small electrical repairs and welding projects as needed.
- Learn to perform and maintain power material handling equipment (MHE) including preventive maintenance (PM) of MHE fleet checking, draining and filling oil levels as needed, checking, adjusting, or replacing all belts and chains as needed, checking and troubleshooting electrical controls issues, replacing motors and controls, safety checks, PM per manufacturers recommendations
- Learn/gain knowledge of hydraulic systems/schematics/components, electrical systems/schematics both AC and DC (distribution center) systems, drive motors, power amps, electrical controls including PLC systems
- Learn/gain knowledge of mechanical systems including transmissions, drive units, differentials, braking systems, telescopic masts, reach mechanisms, steering systems, suspension systems
- Completes all special projects associated with buildings or grounds, as requested. Includes but not limited to moving furniture or fixtures, changing lights, light carpentry, painting, light plumbing, changing of light bulbs, repair of minor electrical devices
- Battery Maintenance duties will include battery charger repairs, battery changes for MHE, repair of plugs and tips of batteries and chargers, watering and washing batteries, acid spill clean up, battery rack cleaning, battery area sweeping and cleaning, setting equalizing charge on batteries
- Participate in departmental on-call program, as designated
- Responsible for logging time and materials into the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) on a daily basis in the form of work orders, P.M.s, etc.
- Responsible for housekeeping, clean up of all maintenance areas/work areas on a daily basis.
- Maintain all tools and equipment in clean, safe, working order
- Adhere to all safety requirements and wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment required by the job
- Respond to emergency situations to ensure employee and facility safety
- Champion overall safety in the department
- Comply with OSHA, and other local, state and federal regulations
- Adhere to Organization and the Facilities Department policies and procedures including appropriate attire, grooming, and attendance
- Interact effectively, build relationships, and demonstrate a high level of cooperation
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and provide proof of liability coverage meeting company standards
- Complete a Sysco approved a defensive driving program
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco within 3 months
- MHE 8-hour maintenance tech certificate from MHE manufacturer (IE: Crown, Raymond, Hyster, etc.)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.