Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. Thats the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it. Job Category
Data Analytics, Technology Compensation Overview
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards. Salary Range
$82,300.00 - $135,800.00 Target Openings
1 What Is the Opportunity?
BI's Information Management & Analytics group is seeking an engaged, experienced Business Data Analyst for our growing Third-Party Data team. In this role, youll be enabling the strategy for our third-party data practice, working across BI and Enterprise groups to incorporate BIs needs into Travelers strategy, and supporting and working with the team directly.
The teams core functions include:
Third-party data exploration and evaluation;
Troubleshooting, researching, and acting as a liaison for enabled capabilities in support of business teams;
Facilitating maximum business value delivery via our third-party data assets within the terms of permissible use;
Governance including timely support for issue resolution, compliance, permissible use, transaction monitoring, invoice tracking and reconciliation.
General job duties: Work with business customers to determine how Third Party information and analytic solutions can be leveraged to support business strategies, capabilities, and processes. Accountable for performing full spectrum of third party data functions for projects/programs of all complexity levels, including those with high Senior Management visibility.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that the business capability requirements align to the business intelligence and data strategy roadmaps.
- Elicits, analyzes, specifies, documents, communicates and validates business intelligence requirements for assigned workflows/projects.
- Responsible for developing a requirement approach for business intelligence initiatives, including developing estimates and timelines for business analyst deliverables.
- Responsible for the ongoing rationalization of business intelligence assets to ensure they are providing utmost value for business outcomes.
- Leads the execution of business analyst best practices in business intelligence; provides feedback and input into process improvements. Aids in the development of best practices.
- Defines the capabilities that satisfy the broader business requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that requirement deliverables are compliant, auditable, unambiguous, complete, consistent, understood clearly and meet the business and technical needs of the project.
- Offers insight and alternatives and obtains consensus among stakeholders. (May provide assistance on obtaining census to more junior staff where consensus difficult to reach).
- Ensures requirement traceability is established and managed throughout the project lifecycle on more complex projects.
- Facilitates cross functional requirement sessions about complex information needs and documents requirements; includes working with stakeholders to prioritize requirements based on aligned Business Intelligence capabilities and business need.
- Review and provide business expertise to project requirements on Travelers business processes, products, and/or supporting systems.
- Point of contact for business throughout and after project implementation.
- Facilitates and utilizes the best practices for user acceptance testing (UAT) including creation, socialization, and execution of UAT plans.
- Leads user groups and development of more complex documents, requirements and business process flows.
- Aids in developing best practices regarding implementation readiness, user adoption, support, including communication, training and rollout plans on business intelligence solutions.
- Provides project management support as necessary.
- Aids in the design and implementation of all best practices used in business analysis.
- Responsible for managing and fostering collaborative business and IT relationships.
- Understands the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies.
- Adheres and supports all data management practices and governance practices.
- Leads medium to large size projects as needed.
- May provide guidance to more junior team members.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelors Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), Business, or equivalent education and four years of business analysis experience required; or, five years of business analysis or analytics experience required.
- Demonstrated intermediate analytic and diagnostic skills required.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- 4 years supporting the development of Business Intelligence solutions preferred.
- 2 years in leadership role on projects preferred.
- Previous experience leading others preferred.
- General understanding of the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies preferred.
- Demonstrated intermediate interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Intermediate project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to see results to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Intermediate business acumen.
- Seeks opportunities to learn and to influence others.
- Intermediate problem solving and decision making skills.
- Experience and ability using BI tools (as an end user) preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively with others across functions.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to consider others' ideas seriously and accept feedback.
- Build and maintain credibility with others.
- If incumbent leads others, intermediate leadership skills including ability to:
- Leverage Differences. manage in participative manner, and develop employees.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email () so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit .