Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challengesand we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every dayworking for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITREand make a difference with us.
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges -and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create a lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day, working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world.
MITREs newly established AI Security and Perception Department within the Artificial Intelligence and Autonomy Innovation Center consists of a multi-generational, diverse team united by a passion and a sense of urgency to harness AI to help solve problems in the public interest. We discover, create, lead through empowering an inclusive community of collaborative innovators, learners, and technical creatives. Were looking for people with a lifelong commitment to learning, who are passionate about harnessing artificial intelligence to make a positive impact in the world. Weve built a supportive and inclusive environment where collaboration is encouraged, and learning is shared freely. We value our diversity of experience, knowledge, backgrounds, and perspectives and harness these qualities to discover connections, solve problems, and create extraordinary impact.
As an Associate Artificial Intelligence Engineer, you will:
- Be part of a team developing and implementing AI algorithms to help address critical national and global challenges like global health, climate change and national security
- Develop and use modern software engineering techniques to develop AI-related software
- Maintain knowledge of advances of AI capabilities in industry and academia
- Evaluate AI solutions and compare to sponsor requirements and needs
- Contribute to the technical work program of one or more projects and produce quality products focused on successful sponsor outcomes
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Cybersecurity, or related technical field
- Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Demonstrated proficiency using tools such as: C/C++, Python, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, dlib, and database languages
- Must have demonstrated proficiency and strength in verbal, written, presentation, and communications skills
- Candidates that possess a current/active US Government Secret clearance are preferred
- Experience in one or more areas of computer science, such as Statistical Methods, Neural Networks, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Data Science, Privacy, Trust & Safety, Software Engineering or similar.
This requisition requires the candidate to have a minimum of the following clearance(s):
This requisition requires the hired candidate to have or obtain, within one year from the date of hire, the following clearance(s):
Subject to all federal and state laws, rules and regulations, MITRE requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. MITRE will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who are legally entitled to an exemption under applicable laws so long as it does not create an undue hardship for MITRE and/or does not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of the employee or others in the workplace.
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of age; ancestry; color; family medical or genetic information; gender identity and expression; marital, military, or veteran status; national and ethnic origin; physical or mental disability; political affiliation; pregnancy; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; and any other protected characteristics. For further information please visit the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission website EEO is the Law Poster () , EEO is the Law Poster-Supplement () and Pay Transparency () .
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITREs employment process, please contact MITREs Recruiting Help Line at or email at .
Copyright 1, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only.
Benefits information may be found here ()