Lab Helper If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement then working for CPP and it's subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings and other components for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits! Primary Purpose:
This administrative position has primary responsibility for supporting the certified lab technicians by maintaining cleanliness in the lab, operating mill and belt grinders for preliminary sample prep and supply inventory. This position includes training for certifications required to progress to a Lab Technician 1. Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Maintain cleanliness of metals and chemistry lab
- Monitor, maintain and properly store all lab consumables and chemicals.
- Manage storage and traceability of testing materials.
- Learn and use the company's web-based Quality Management software (QT9)
- Use of MS Office Tools; Excel, Word, Access and Outlook
- Data entry
- Follows all lab procedures and standard operations.
- Attention to detail
- Scanning and filing of documents
- Timely and accurate report generation
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to execute duties while minimizing waste
- Utilize effective time management to manage multiple priorities
- Responsible to adhere to all site safety policies and procedures
- Will be required to access all areas of the plant
- Notifies department safety rep/supervisor of any safety related issues
- Reliable attendance and punctuality
- Ability to work well with others in a group setting
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Experience: 2 years of experience with MS Office use preferred
- Certifications/Licenses: None
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Critical thinking, Windows PC familiarity
Working Environment: Office Environment and manufacturing areas.
Physical Demands: Sitting/Standing for extended periods of time, able to lift up to 20lbs, extended periods of time using a computer screen.
Travel Requirements: 5-10%
Required PPE: Check for required PPE in areas you may be working in
Safety Glasses: Needed in all areas of the plant.
Steel toe shoes: Needed in all areas of the plant. Schedule:
- Day Shift
- Overtime available based on business needs
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large "function critical" products. CPP provides its customers with a "total solution" source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at:
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position