Purdue Veterinary Medicine Information Technology (PVMIT) supports Purdue University's position as a global leader in research and teaching, solving the world-scale challenges and positively changing the world with an unwavering commitment to excellence. As an IT System Analyst in our fast-paced team, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape the future by contributing to the development, deployment and maintenance of innovative solutions that are directly linked to cutting edge technologies and data analytics required to support scientific work. We work with our faculty and researchers to build systems to gain a competitive edge and to help save the lives of animals. As a team member you will be a key player in designing, building and maintaining the next-generation of innovate software for our college. In addition, you will have an opportunity to work in a team environment to gather requirements, participate in assessments, reviews, audits, and assist with quality assurance. If you love to learn and enjoy emerging technologies, you will be great addition to our team! Responsibilities:
- Conduct analysis and stay engaged to understand the technology to resolve complex issues that often involve the input/expertise/work of others.
- Identify opportunities for optimizing IT/technology efficiencies and cost savings to college.
- Respond to unexpected and emergency situations in the department(s) that require prompt evaluation of problems and actions to resolve IT/technology issues.
- Assess and determine next steps/correct critical break/fix issues to ensure continuity of service.
- Use full technical knowledge of all phases of application systems analysis, requirements gathering, designing, and programming.
- Stay current with emerging application tools, technologies, and coding languages through appropriate training and educational activities.
- Prepare and maintain required documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, Polytechnic or a closely related field
- Two years of experience in coordinating and implementing technology capabilities across an organization, supporting the maintenance of computer applications, or related experience
- Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least one of the following: system administration, information security, programming, IT support, or Microsoft Active Directory
- Possess an innovation and collaboration mindset
- Ability to work with a wide variety of computer hardware, software, operating systems, and peripherals
- Skilled in effectively communicating technical details and solutions to partners and users of all technical skill levels
- Knowledge in project management and or agile concepts
- Familiarity with software and hardware deployment, IT security best practices, and basic networking principles
- Basic familiarity with application management, scripting, or web services
- Experience working with vendor customer support on issue resolution
- Experience working in higher education, hospital, or laboratory environment
- All new hires will be expected to follow Protect Purdue guidelines
- All university employees are afforded a generous benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance, paid time off, and retirement contributions.
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply