Description Job Schedule:
Part Time Standard Hours:
24 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
flex hours to provide additional GIP coverage on the weekend
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network as a Hospice Visiting Registered Nurse.
Hartford HealthCare at Home, the largest provider of homecare services in Connecticut, has been fulfilling our mission for more than 115 years. Our Person-Centered Care Model allows our employees to learn and grow within our organization, all while providing integrated support to the patient. As part of Hartford HealthCare, we leverage cutting edge technology to provide quality care in our client's home. Most importantly, our employees are appreciated for the real differences they make in both the lives of their clients and their clients' families.
The General In-patient (GIP) Hospice Nurse provides ongoing care to the terminally ill patient in an in- patient facility when acute pain management or symptom control issues cannot be managed in a community setting. The GIP Nurse evaluates the patient's needs, educates patients and families to the hospice philosophy and levels of care, creates care plans and provides end of life support to patients and their families. Collaborates with physicians and other hospital staff daily to create a calm, comfortable end of life experience while utilizing nursing skills for the ongoing assessment of patients to ensure they qualify for the in-patient stay based on Medicare hospice guidelines.
Position works in Home Care (Community) as well as in-patient environment.
- Maintain the professional management responsibility of the patient's care to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and professional standards for care of the hospice patient.
- Conducts a complete nursing assessment based on referral data, client/family interview, and clinical observation of patient health status in acute care facility.
- Evaluates and documents patient eligibility to meet Medicare standards for in-patient level of care on an ongoing basis.
- Consults with the facility staff and hospice interdisciplinary team (IDT) to create a plan of care which includes recommendations for symptom management. In conjunction with acute care staff makes recommendations to treatment plan to ensure optimal quality of care and symptom management for patients at end of life.
- Reevaluates and updates the patient plan of care every 24 hours.
- Participates in the training and coaching of in-patient facility staff as relates to hospice philosophy, regulatory requirements and management of the hospice patient at end of life.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Registered Nurse with Valid CT RN license
- One year of RN experience; Homecare or Hospice experience preferred.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation required.
- Computer proficiency required.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.