The Group Medicare Senior Proposal Development Professional curates content and collaborates with business partners, subject matter experts and community-facing teams across the enterprise to build a strategy and translate that into comprehensive, winning proposals. The Group Medicare Senior Proposal Development Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Responsibilities Where you Come In
Be part of an exciting growing business segment! Humana is looking for an experienced Group Medicare Senior Proposal Development Professional who enjoys collaborating with experts throughout the organization to produce top quality, winning proposals. The Group Medicare Senior Proposal Development Professional develops and follows a project plan to successfully respond to RFPs/RFIs, follow-up/clarifications, finalist presentations and Best and Final Offers. Works closely with Group Medicare sales and account executives to provide outstanding Humana Medicare Advantage plans to retirees throughout the nation.
What Humana Offers
- Manages responses to state/local or broker issued RFPs/RFIs, including full-scale project management, written narratives, and production necessary for final external delivery
- Works on pre-bid strategy build, capture management, proposal submission, follow-up and finalist presentations, protest consideration, and post-award debrief/competitive intel gathering
- Contributes to the department's strategy and will make decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components
- Interacts closely with Group Medicare Sales and Account Management, in addition to regular interaction with all areas within the company that touch Group Medicare such as pharmacy, clinical, operations, legal, IT, network, HR, privacy, underwriting, etc.
We are fortunate to offer a remote opportunity for this job. Our Fortune 100 Company values associate engagement & your well-being. We also provide excellent professional development & continued education.
In addition to being a great place to work, Humana also offers industry leading benefits for all employees, starting your FIRST day of employment. Benefits include:
Required Qualifications - What it takes to Succeed
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- PTO including 7 paid holidays, one personal holiday, one day of volunteer time off, 23 days of annual PTO, parental leave, caregiving leave, and weekly well-being time
- And more
- 2+ years of complex proposal management experience
- 2+ years Health insurance experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines with attention to detail
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Group Medicare experience
- Humana proposal support experience
- Bachelors Degree
- MBA or other Advanced Degree
- Adobe Pro and Visio experience
- Leadership experience
- Experience reviewing/analyzing competitor information
For this job, associates are required to be fully COVID vaccinated or undergo weekly COVID testing and wear a face covering while at work. The weekly testing will need to be done through an approved Humana vendor, and unvaccinated associates should follow all social distancing and masking protocols if they are required to come into a Humana facility or work outside of their home. We are ahealthcarecompany committed to putting health and safety first for our members, patients, associates, and the communities we serve.
If progressed to offer, you will be required to:
- Provide proof of full vaccinationor commit to testing protocols OR
- Provide proof of applicable exemption including any required supporting documentation
Medical, religious, state and remote-only work exemptions are available.
Work at Home/Remote Requirements Must ensure designated work area is free from distractions during work hours and virtual meetings Must provide a high-speed DSL or cable modem for a workspace (Satellite and Hotspots are prohibited). A minimum standard speed of 10x1 (10mbs download x 1mbs upload) for optimal performance is required. Our Hiring Process
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we may contact you via text message and email to gather more information using a software platform called Modern Hire. Modern Hire Text, Scheduling and Video technologies allow you to interact with us at the time and location most convenient for you.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you may receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice, Text Messaging and/or Video interview. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews
If you have additional questions regarding this role posting and are an Internal Candidate, please send them to the Ask A Recruiter persona by visiting go/Buzz and searching Ask A Recruiter! Please be sure to provide the requisition number so we may be able to research your request quicker.
In order to support the CDC recommendations on social distancing and reduce health risks for associates, members and public health, Humana is deploying virtual and video technologies for all hiring activities. This position may be subject to temporary work at home requirements for an indefinite period of time. These requirements include access to a personal computing device with a camera, a minimum internet connection speed of 10m x 1m (satellite and/or wireless internet connections are NOT permitted for Work at Home roles) and a dedicated secure home workspace for interview or work purposes. Humana continues to monitor the situation, and will adjust service levels as the coronavirus situation evolves. The following changes are temporary and will be evaluated frequently with the goal of returning to normal operations as soon as possible. Your Talent Acquisition representative will advise on the latest recommendations to protect your health and wellbeing during the hiring process. Alert:
Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana's secure website. Humana is more than an equal opportunity employer, Humana's dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is at the heart of what we do in all of our Humana roles. Diversity is more than a commitment to us, it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all of the other fascinating characteristics that make us each uniquely wonderful. Scheduled Weekly Hours