Your hands-on experience with Medium/Heavy Duty and Diesel Truck repair and diagnosis of issues will assure your success as a Fleet Maintenance Medium/Heavy Duty Technical Specialist here at Merchants Fleet. You will provide technical support to the Merchants Fleet Maintenance Program and execute the day-to-day tasks needed to fulfill our clients' needs for related products and services.
Location: Hooksett, NH or Rosemont, IL or Remote
Check out the other benefits that Merchants Fleet has to offer here .
What Your Day Looks Like:
- Providing targeted support via phone call or e-mail to our vendors, fleet managers, drivers and internal departments.
- Coordinating all maintenance related items for fleet vehicles:
- Review and authorization of repairs
- Locating repair facilities
- Communications with drivers, etc.
- Control transactions and effectively direct vendors to perform work to our standards.
- Aggressively pursue warranty recovery on behalf of Merchants and our clients.
- Communicate with key stakeholders and contact our clients for authorization when repairs exceed the customer's approval limit.
- Notify the client, customer service representative(s), and the assigned sales executive9s) when work is declined for clients enrolled in our full maintenance program.
- Maintain and nurture relationships with our customers and our vendors.
- Interact with other departments and Merchants employees as needed to keep informed on status of vehicles.
- Ensure vehicle safety and troubleshoot problems so drivers are minimally inconvenienced when a breakdown occurs.
- Consult with our clients on technical and mechanical issues as well as work with our sales force to recommend appropriate cycle policies for fleet vehicles.
- Serve as an internal expert and industry resource for maintenance related issues. Participate in pricing and cost of ownership research.
- Support systems testing of new technology enhancements.
- Other key projects to enhance the operations of our products and delivery of information to our clients including but not limited to:
- Monitoring of manufacturer recalls, identification of possibly affected vehicles and issuance of notifications to the appropriate parties;
- Registration and maintenance of units with centralized billing vendors including the Ford Fleet Care and GM National Fleet Programs;
- Cross-train other departments such as Client Experience in product related subject matter to effectively respond to or triage client requests
- Troubleshoot and resolve any challenges that may occur with products/services in collaboration with the Fleet Products and the Client Experience Teams
- Additional projects and/or duties as assigned by the Fleet Products Management Team
The Skills You Bring:
- 2+ years of prior experience working with trailers, tractors, hydraulic systems, diesel engines, or other medium/heavy duty vehicle and equipment maintenance
- Active ASE Certifications
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Accuracy rating of 95% or greater for all transaction processing
- Proficient Computer Skills: Tableau, Microsoft Visio, Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet, Outlook
- Outstanding customer service abilities and professional phone manner
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of client contacts from clerical to Executive level, both verbally and in written format
- High energy, as well as a pleasant and professional demeanor
- Aptitude in decision making and problem-solving
- Ability to work as part of a team while accomplishing departmental and company goals
- Self-motivated individual able to work independently with little direction
- Associates Degree in Automotive related field highly preferred
Merchants Fleet is the nation's fastest growing fleet management company, providing flexible funding and service options for organizations that leverage vehicles to run their operations, serving as a single source for all vehicle needs, including electric vehicles. From financing and charging to maintenance and remarketing, Merchants has collaborated with dozens of OEMs, charging, data and upfit partners to ensure every client is connected to the service, technology platforms, and products that will support their fleet in making the transition to EV. Merchants Fleet is headquartered in Hooksett, New Hampshire, and its Innovation Center is located in the Chicago, Illinois area.
Merchants is an award-winning place to work with accolades including; Best & Brightest, Best Company to Work For 2015-2021, Great Place to Work and Coolest Company for Young Professionals.
To provide all candidates with the highest level of our attention, Merchants Fleet does not accept uninvited solicitations or resumes from third parties.
California Residents click here for California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities .