At Mozilla, one of our four commitments is to build ...an internet that includes all
the people of the earth - where a person's demographic characteristics do not determine their online access, opportunities, or quality of experience." Mozilla makes space for our employees, partners, and the broader community to bring their vast experiences to our mission - to improve the internet. Being inclusive and transparent for the betterment of humankind is part of our core values.The Opportunity
Working at Mozilla means joining a community who cares deeply about our values and delivering the fastest, friendliest, most usable browsers for desktop and mobile devices.
Would you like to help Firefox maintain its place as the
trusted guide to a joyful internet? Firefox Search Services display relevant information to users as they navigate the web. We are looking for an engineering leader to grow a healthy team that extends and maintains our search services.What You'll Get To Do
What You Bring
- Grow an existing team to approximately 6-8 engineers that collaborate closely with engineering teams across Firefox
- Create an environment which engages and challenges your team members, exposes them to new opportunities, and grows their careers
- Set and communicate your team's goals, and establish plans and schedules to attain them
- Collaborate with engineers, data scientists, product managers, and support teams to implement our product strategy
- Ensure that the software your team delivers is on time, high quality, measurable, and maintainable
- Work closely with your peers to continually improve our engineering processes and culture
- 6 years of overall industry experience, with at least 2 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management roles
- Experience leading teams that build, deploy, and operate services in popular cloud infrastructure platforms, e.g., AWS, Azure, or GCP
- The ability to hire, coach, motivate, develop, and delegate to geographically distributed team members
- Writing skills that foster a culture of knowledge sharing and efficient, asynchronous decision making
- Leadership experience that enables you to resolve problems, manage risk, lead change, and prioritize work alongside your product management peers
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company's core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at hiringaccommodation@ to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.