COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:There are people who say some ideas are impossible, unattainable or unrealistic. Then there are those of us who work at Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems. As a part of the Lockheed Martin community, we take on the biggest challenges in the world and find solutions using creativity and collaboration.
And where the solutions don t exist?
We invent them.
So, if you re looking for the challenge of a lifetime and a team of the brightest minds in the world, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. If you re looking for a place where learning is a way of life, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. And if you re looking for a career that s just as fun as it is hard work, join us today and let s make a difference together.
Lockheed Martin. Your Mission is Ours.
About our Mission
We are seeking an Electrical Engineering Expert across various platforms in the Integrated Warfare Systems & Sensors business. The candidate will be an emerging subject matter expert and will demonstrate the ability to drive both the heritage launcher programs, and also the next generation of launcher and weapon systems across various platforms. The selected candidate will apply extensive technical expertise, and have strong knowledge of other related disciplines. Additionally, the candidate will guide the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role to achieve major organizational objectives. The selected candidate will represent the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects while interacting with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
The candidate will conduct or participate in the design, development, and testing of electronic and electrical components, sub-systems and systems. This position requires knowledge of electrical engineering principles, working in a team environment, and general knowledge of other related disciplines. Specific tasking will be but not limited to the selection and use of Commercial Off the Shelf components as well as custom hardware and/or other general electrical engineering. They will help develop, direct, and coordinate technical documentation such as initial design specifications, schematics, assembly drawings and parts list as well as preparing test procedures and reports to ensure customer and company requirements are met.
We may not know what's going to change the world next, but chances are we're already working on it, and you can, too. As part of our culture of innovation, you ll have outstanding benefits and amenities, an inclusive work environment, ongoing career development and support, rewards and recognition to honor your hard work, and more.
At Lockheed Martin we value your unique skills and expertise, and we aim to give back continuously by offering a wide variety of benefits and amenities to help our employees live flexible, healthy, and fulfilling lives at and outside of work. Some of our favorite perks include:
• The promotion of Work Life Balance with every Friday off (Flex 4/10 Schedule) or every other Friday off (Flex 9/80) or a straight 5/8 schedule.
• A competitive 401k match and bonus
• Comprehensive Benefits including Medical/Dental/Life Insurance
• Long term stability
• A receptive and inclusive culture passionate about career development with tuition assistance and mentoring opportunities
Whether you re new to the area or just like being socially involved, we encourage everyone to explore among our many employee networks and employee resource groups we have on site. Whatever your interests, there s likely a community at Lockheed Martin for networking, becoming familiar with the area and enjoying common activities with coworkers.
This position is located in Baltimore, MD. Some travel between Baltimore, MD and Moorestown, NJ will be required prior to permanent move of program from Baltimore to Moorestown New Jersey in late 2022.
• Bachelor Degree or higher in an Engineering field such as Electrical, Systems Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering including a general knowledge in Math, Physics or other physical sciences combined with 12+ years related experience.
• Experience developing and leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams
• Electrical System Design
• Complex Cable Design
• Electrical Bonding and Grounding
• Experience in Wiring Board (PWB) Design Experience
• Circuit Card Assembly Design Experience
• FPGA Experience
• U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain DoD Secret Level Clearance
• An Advanced Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or closely related technical field is desired for this position.
• DOD and/or US Navy Development Experience
• Launcher and Weapon System Experience
• Command and Control Experience
• Working Experience in Product Lifecycle and Transition to Production
• Working experience with a lab environment, test equipment, and computer applications
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to Coach, Mentor, and Guide staff
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.