Work Styles at Zoom
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles () .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
Were problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, youll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Zoom is in search of a Data Engineer for its Trust & Safety Engineering (T&S Engineering) team. T&S handles fraud, complaints of abuse on the platform (such as meeting disruptions), responds to global law enforcement requests, carries out Zoom's export control program, and is building Zoom's arsenal of tools to combat abuse both before and after it happens.
T&S is committed to bringing happiness to customers while creating a culture of trust, safety, and respect. Zoom takes the privacy and security of our customers and their data extremely seriously. Our challenges include carefully balancing the privacy of Zoom customers and users, against the important security interests of our world.
Engineers on the T&S team manage the entire software development lifecycle. With a motivated mindset, our team builds scalable tools and systems to prevent abuse from happening on Zoom, while supporting Zoom's Trust & Safety mission of keeping its users safe.
You will be part of a T&S Engineering team whose focus on data mining, data analysis, data modeling and visualization if you are passionate about data analytics and data processing to solve the problems.
- Partner with Product and several additional teams to translate high-level roadmap vision into sensible feature specifications and deliverables, while reporting to your Hiring Manager, and assisting in the building of a variety of tools and services
- Discover data from data resource on different data platforms and process raw data at large scale
- Perform statistical analysis to extract valuable insights to solutions of account takeover, fraud, spam & abuse on the platform (such as meeting disruptions)
- Work with teams to solve our problems by delivering data insights
- Manage data access to protect data in a safe way
- Work with engineering teams and data operation teams to perform data related tasks including data monitoring
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related fields
- 3+ years's related industry experience on data analytics and engineering
- Proficient with SQL
- Excellent data analytical skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong skills on data processing and visualization
- Understand data modeling including ML models
- Experience on big data platform including large scale database(SQL/NoSQL), data warehouse, Hadoop or Spark
- Programming skill in Python or Java
- Experience with Python and statistical libraries such as Scikit-learn, Pandas is plus
- Experience on AWS cloud env and cloud applications is plus
- Passion for learning and continued self-development
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here () .
- Hear from our leadership team (://youtu.be/7i2o_tszj5g__;!!K5ATeMLGHIlgtw!N_9bFG2WvSVHNjvQfjuOpRN_CRuOAVcjK-OUBF5KymSi-XOFAnfRCVoBcyNhxGRFJi6P$)
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog ()
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram ()
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site () .