PRS Facility Location:
Louisville, KY Admin (PRS) - 157
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for accurate tracking and reporting of customer sales and record keeping, timely handling customer/suppliers inquiries, customer order entry and process purchase orders. This position is also responsible for working with internal and external customers including but not limited to sales quotations, order entry, handle customer inquiries by phone, e-mail or in person and product pricing.
Railroads transport goods and people millions of miles every day. At Progress Rail, we believe in going the distance with them. We are looking for talented and innovative team players to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. Build a long-term career with opportunities for growth and advancement as part of a vibrant network of close to 200 global locations. Our innovative team members work together to forge the bridge between ideas and success!
As a Caterpillar company, Progress Rail is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet their needs.
Learn how we keep our customers rolling by following us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn, and by visiting .
Education / Training:
• High School diploma or equivalent required;
• Associate Degree or Bachelor s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or equivalent experience preferred.
Customer Service Rep
Key Job Elements:
Minimum duties and responsibilities:
• Monitor accuracy of receipts against purchase orders;
• Assist in resolving invoicing issues;
• Basic knowledge of SAP skills for set up of material masters, BOMs, rate touting and work centers;
• Assist in resolving critical issues that may arise with customers or suppliers;
• Works closely with a cross-functional team that includes Operations, Engineering, Purchasing, and Accounting & Logistics/Materials team serving as a liaison with internal and external customer to ensure tracking, reporting and expected product delivery is accordance to Operations and business goals;
• Maintains confidentiality of Progress Rail trade secrets and having NDA in-place with customers prior to disclosing trade secrets;
• Ensure Progress Rail standards, terms and conditions, and special terms/conditions are in compliance.
Advanced duties and responsibilities:
• Develop metrics to track sales, analyze financial impact of sales changes, targets and annual sales volume;
• Coordinates, handles and follow-up with customer s inquiries, process purchase orders, provide quotations, guarantee returns, understand pricing cost by product and promote selling prices that maximize profits;
• Responsible for reporting all sales activities to assigned customers to track sales to sales target, customer purchasing activity, customer growth potential, customer contracts, record keeping and follow-up on observations and escalate matters as appropriate.
Qualifications and Experience:
• 3+ years experience in data entry, purchase orders or sales; manufacturing or customer service experience is preferred;
• Strong Knowledge of ERP/MRP & LN system or SAP experience, EDI, Fourth Shift software program, Sales target maps & Sales software program ACT, Lotus Notes;
• Motion - The position spends the majority of time in an office setting, at desk utilizing office equipment;
• Vision/Hearing Requirements - May spend long periods of time in front of computer screen. Must be capable of using a variety of communication devices;
• Work Environment - Work in temperature-controlled environment in most situations. Must be capable of wearing PPE (safety glasses, hardhats, metatarsal boots, earplugs, gloves, etc.) No jewelry (on shop);
• Emotional Demands - Must have good communications skills and attention to details;
• Safety - This is not a safety sensitive position. PPE is required when working in production areas.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Progress Rail offers an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, paid time off for vacation and holidays, 401(k) plan with company match, medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance and flexible spending accounts. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits.
Marketing, Sales and Service