28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position
This individual contributor position operates welding equipment to build and weld poles using GMAW (MIG), Flux Core (FCAW) welding. The Custom Fitter must be certified in MIG and FCAW welding to meet AWS requirements as well as specialized certifications to customer requirements. This position will be required to weld in flat and horizontal positions and rotational welds. Adjusts welding equipment to its prescribed settings, operates oxy/acetylene burning and plasma cutting equipment. Prepares poles for final weld off. Uses IFS labor reporting system, standard shop forms, move tags, reads and utilizes blueprints. The Custom Fitter may also occasionally be called upon to operate Base Press, Rounder, Straightener, and forklift provided employee is qualified. Will work on product that is up to 84 inches in diameter and up to 30,000lbs.
- Set fixtures and jigs to blueprint measurements
- Check set-up and first piece parts
- Weld and cleaning of welds
- Record labor when complete and move tag
- Load on or load off completed parts
- Determine when weld quality falls below acceptability and take corrective action or report to QA, Leadperson or Supervisor
- Set up machines to the proper requirements so that usable parts are produced
- Use blueprints to determine which weld procedure to use in order to assure weld soundness and integrity
- Perform job duties of a Welder A and Welder B, as needed
Important Details about the Role
- Communicates with co-employees and supervisors
- Operates forklifts and overhead cranes.
- Performs housekeeping duties in shop and work sites.
- Requires the use of common shop mathematics, in feet, inches, degrees, and fractions, in reading complex prints, and standard specifications.
- Must be able to manufacture product per shop drawings.
- This position reports into the departmentâ s Production Supervisor
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Minimum of 3 years of welding experience
- Pass and maintain weld certificates for AWS, CWB, and several other customer required certifications in GMAW and FCAW welding
- Ability to read and decipher Lighting, Comm Tower and Utility blue prints and flat sheets without assistance and use them to properly setup and weld scheduled work
- Demonstrated ability to setup, operate, and perform general maintenance of equipment without difficulty
- Make mathematical calculation in finish welding product to the proper specifications
- The ability to physically perform the requirements of the tasks assigned
- Accurately read and use a tape measure, compass , micrometer, mag level, protractor, versa gauge, and caliper
- Ability to locate information from a computer
- Demonstrate a commitment to Safety through excellent safety practices and behaviors and conform to all Valmont safety policies and procedures
- Actively participate in department LEAN and Safety activities of the department, and demonstrated performance working in a team environment
- The ability to lift, carry, push or pull up to 50lbs although the most frequent lift is under 20lbs.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- One (1) year of previous experience operating a forklift
- Knowledge of Valmontâ s quality procedures, standards, and practices
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and IFS
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email .