Business Continuity & Crisis Management Senior Analyst (Remote)
United States of America, Minnesota, Eden Prairie
Post Date Jun 28, 2022
Requisition # 145052
Sign Up for Job Alerts
You will be a member of the Enterprise Crisis Management and Business Continuity team and will play a key role in protecting UNFIs most valuable assets: our associates, our brand and our ability to deliver our products and services to our customers. In this role you will be responsible for supporting and executing all aspects of the UNFI Crisis Management and Business Continuity program across the broader enterprise, including (but not limited to) our corporate functions and departments, manufacturing and distribution centers, and retail operations.
The mission of UNFIs Business Continuity Department is to implement a flexible crisis management and business continuity framework that enables UNFI to build and maintain an appropriate level of mission readiness necessary to effectively respond to and recover from a crisis or other serious disruption.
Program and Outreach
- Assist with the overall development and execution of the Crisis Management and Business Continuity program and strategy. This includes the development and maintenance of program documents such as SOPs, templates, user guides, training materials and metrics.
- Promote business continuity goals, objectives, and strategies to support the implementation of best practices year-over-year.
- Execute program governance documentation, requirements, and controls to ensure a constant state of readiness is maintained
- Identify trends related to the Business Continuity program to determine if changes in the program approach need to be made.
- Utilize tools and technology that will assist in the development and storage of the various plans related to business continuity.
Planning and Project Support
- Work as an internal consultant and provide guidance, expertise, training and support the planning process for departments and sites as necessary. Activities include providing templates and planning resources, developing, and conducting training, conducting plan development workshops, reviewing completed plans, and providing guidance and materials for conducting table-top exercises.
- Create strong relationships with partners to proactively seek process improvement and foster end-user adoption
- Research risks and mitigations strategies, develop and maintain planning resources and templates, provide written reports and summaries to a broad set of stakeholders.
- Support full implementation of the business continuity lifecycle, facilitate risk assessment and business impact analysis initiatives
Crisis and Disaster Response
- Provides support to the Corporate Crisis Management team and other incident response teams as needed based on the incident and impact
- Develop and maintain contact with local/regional emergency response groups and other industry bodies as appropriate
- Performs other relevant job duties as required.
Education/ Certifications : (Required/Preferred-list requirement is required or preferred)
- Bachelors degree in a related field or the equivalent in education and work experience.
- Professional Designation - Certified Business Continuity Professional (or equivalent certification) preferred.
- 5+ years professional experience in business continuity, crisis management, emergency preparedness or similar fields involving continuity/crisis planning, response and recovery.
- Business Continuity experience in multiple supply chain points, including but not limited to manufacturing, distribution centers, transportation, and other supporting corporate support functions
- Experience managing cross-functional programs and/or complex, enterprise projects
- Strong project management skills, with effectiveness in breaking down work, developing tasks, managing projects to achieve target dates, and proactively identifying risks and impediments.
- Knowledge of business continuity concepts and understanding of the intersection of related disciplines of risk management, disaster recovery, crisis management and incident response.
- Familiarity with business continuity and related industry standards (ISO 22301, COOP, NFPA, NIST DRII, BCI etc.)
Skills/ Abilities :
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Ability to work in an environment where changing priorities are the norm and flexibility is a must; demonstrate skills in managing multiple tasks
- Ability to effectively communicate program goals, values, obstacles, and priorities across the business and leadership levels to gain the right level of participation and input from key areas
- Strong ability to conduct research and analysis across a wide variety of risks and mitigation strategies, ability to rapidly apply learnings
- High tolerance for ambiguity and a capability for self-directed work
- Ability to learn, maintain and support business continuity tools and technology solutions
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams) with an ability to perform data analysis and produce professional presentations and reports
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.