It is our people behind lifes passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then youve found your fit. Have what it takes? Join us. Gelcoat Specialist
Gelcoat is the outermost structural layer on a fiberglass boat, designed to protect the underlying fiberglass layers. Gelcoat is a compound that produces a high-quality finish on fiberglass surfaces and incorporates a lot of chemistry, using epoxy, polyester resin, a catalyst, and other chemicals to achieve its strength and water-resistant properties. When cured, gelcoat combines with fiberglass to produce a smooth and durable surface that retards hull weakening from water intrusion and ultraviolet light.
The Gelcoat Specialist is responsible for applying gel coat to hulls, decks, and small parts according to our boat orders. To be successful as a Gelcoat Specialist, you must be able to perform a wide variety of tasks that require stamina and an eagerness to learn on the job. A good Gelcoat Specialist is able to understand instructions and carry them out efficiently within the given deadline. General Responsibilities and Duties :
Experience and Education :
- Read orders and follow all documented guidelines, instructions, and specifications
- Clean and prepare boat molds for use
- Spray boat molds with gel coat (similar to spray painting but different chemical composition) to achieve a consistent and even specified thickness that aligns to specifications
- Inspect all gel coated parts for quality control using visual inspection and mil gauge
- Maintain and test gel coating equipment and keep work area clean and orderly
- Be responsible for adhering to the daily and weekly production schedule
- Assist with fiberglass lamination and sub-assembly of products as needed.
- Ensure hull/deck or small part records are complete and filled out properly
- Train and help others on essential functions of job
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
- Ability to read and understand all safety related documents and worksite rules including but not limited to: equipment operating instructions, documented safety management systems, and health and safety requirements.
- Prior experience in spraying gel coat, various paints, or coatings is preferred.
- Prior experience operating an airless sprayer / spray gun is preferred.
- Must possess the attitude and ability to develop the skill needed to produce high quality product. Physical Requirements
- Adhere to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements which include wearing a respirator, dust masks, gloves, safety glasses, and chemical resistant suits when required.
- Work a 10+ hour shift, with the ability to stand, bend, reach, turn, kneel, squat, grasp, grip, push, pull, etc. throughout the duration of your shift.
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled environment where ambient air temperature can exceed or drop below the outside air temperature
- Ability to work in a fiberglass dust environment and a fast paced, noisy environment
- Must be able to pass a drug test and willing to disclose anything that would turn up on a background check
- Must have the flexibility to work overtime both planned and unplanned to meet company goals Skills and Requirements :
- Have knowledge of hazardous chemical handling and disposal
- Must be very coachable, adaptable, and self-motivated.
- Must show an ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Must interface well with other team members, supervision team, and departments throughout the company.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here () for more information
Brunswick () and Workday () Privacy Policies
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: or .
Corporation - Boston Whaler