At AIS, we are committed to curiosity and passionate about emerging technologies. We strive to embody a learn it all, not know it all culture to remain at the cutting edge of this everchanging IT industry. AIS provides many and varied avenues to enable lifelong learning and become a premier and highly qualified Azure Cloud Engineer and achieve your future career goals. What You'll Be Doing
Location and Travel Details
- Employ excellent client-facing and consulting skills to create innovative business solutions based on your network and systems experience.
- Provide Infrastructure services in all areas needed: storage networking, Operating System, network security, directory services, server virtualization using system backup and restore, system and network monitoring, application installation, and configuration.
- Participate in architecture and design activities for Enterprise-class computing environments
- Deploy, configure, manage, and upgrade operating systems in cloud environments, including both Windows and Linux.
- Monitor and evaluate efficiency of software/hardware usage in Azure environments
- Perform advanced troubleshooting of complex system issues
- Maintain necessary qualifications to obtain and maintain privileged system access which may include additional Cyber Security or Azure certifications
The ideal candidate will be flexible with the onsite requirements as needed. This position requires an average of 3 days and could go up to up 5 times a week on site to one of the following SIPR locations:
Security Clearance and Citizenship Requirements
- Aberdeen, MD
- Adelphi, MD
- Ft. Eustis, VA
- Austin, TX
Must be able to obtain and/or maintain Secret Clearance. Profile of Success
- 5+ years of experience in systems engineering, software engineering, information technology systems or development of cloud platforms.
- Knowledge of virtualization and containerization technologies.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other Cloud Engineers, and Cloud Architects in a team environment.
- Experience with command line interfaces in Linux or Windows.
- Hold certification satisfying DoDD 8140 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2 or higher requirement.
- Knowledge of enterprise operating systems, Windows Server 2012R2, 2016 and 2019 including but not limited to Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, IIS, etc.
- Experience implementing secure and scalable hybrid cloud architectures.
- Experience with DevSecOps workflows using tools like GitLab, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, and others.
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee's success; however, they define it.
It's our dedication to our employees that inspired our leadership to invest in our future and become partially employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals.
We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.