Location: Sacramento CA
1) A minimum of two (2) years' experience within the past three (3) years performing hands-on AWS configuration, maintenance, administration, and development services for a large (i.e.,10+ Production Hosts) deployment.
2) A minimum of three (3) years' experience within the past five (5) years performing systems engineering services for a datacenter environment using at least two (2) or more physical and virtual system platforms (e.g., Linux, VMWare, Hyper-V, AWS, Windows Server, etc.).
3) A minimum of three (3) years' experience within the past five (5) years performing baseline data collection, analysis and reporting for complex organizations similar to California, preferably state or federal government.
4) A minimum of three (3) years' experience as an information technology (IT) Infrastructure Architect with focus on AWS and/or Azure ecosystems, and experience building High-Availability or High Traffic cloud infrastructure/environment.
1) Two (2) or more years' experience providing technical services to the State of California in support of its datacenter and/or network environment(s).
2) Ability to deliver on multiple concurrently running projects and tasks with conflicting priorities.
3) Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
4) Extensive experience in the design of distributed, high availability cloud computing infrastructures; AWS/Azure design, build and operational experience.
5) AWS and/or Azure Certifications in any of the following: Solutions Architect, and/or Developer of Systems Ops.
6) Linux Engineer: 5-10 years of Linux experience. Must be high-level subject matter expert with multiple distributors (RHEL, CentOS, etc), Apache, MySQL, Tomcat, OpenVZ, VMware, Chef, Puppet to meet this desirable qualification.
7) Windows Engineer: 5-10 years of Windows experience designing solutions with technologies such as: Microsoft Standard Query Language (MSSQL), Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Internet Information Server (IIS) 7 & 8, Exchange, Active Directory, VMWare, Hyper-V,etc.
8) Understanding of application, server, and network security frameworks and best practices (NIST-800-53 v4, NIST-800-171, Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP), Department of Defense Cloud Computing Security Requirements ( DoD CC SRG), OWASP Top 10, CIS Top 20).
10) Experience using Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools.
11) Experience writing process requirements, technical design documents, and standard operating procedures.
12) Experience and understanding on how Infrastructure as Code (IaC) functions to facilitate a secure and streamlined IaC practice.
13) Experience provisioning IaC, leveraging public multi-cloud platforms such as Azure, GCP and AWS, with HashiCorp Terraform Enterprise, Vault Enterprise, and Sentinel (Policy as Code).
14) Experience in design, deployment, operation, optimization, and maintenance of Splunk platform architecture for large-scale and distributed deployments in Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
15) Experience using the DevOps Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) solution GitLab for rapid application development efforts and on-going production operations.